3CX VoIP Tunnel eliminates any network issues which might cause connection problems between 3CX Phone for iPhone and 3CX Phone System. These issues can be related to registering of 3CX Phone, or can manifest themselves while calling, such as one way audio, or other strange issues during a call.
Installing and Starting 3CX VoIP Tunnel
To download and install the 3CX VoIP Tunnel follow the next steps:
- Start the Apple App Store
- Search for “3CX VoIP Tunnel” .
- Once located, select “Install App”.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to begin the download and the application will be installed on your iPhone.
- Select the 3CX Tunnel icon to start the application.
Configuring 3CX VoIP Tunnel
- Tap on the 3CX Tunnel icon.
- Configure the 3CX Tunnel settings accordingly.Note:You would need to ask your 3CX Phone System administrator for the following details:
- Remote Tunnel IP: The Public IP Address (for example 18.104.22.168) of the 3CX Phone System.
- Remote Tunnel Port: The default tunnel port configured in the PBX. This is usually is 5090, unless it has been changed by the administrator.
- Remote tunnel Password: Enter the 3CX Tunnel Password
After configuring the 3CX Tunnel parameters, tap the “Start” button to start the 3CX Tunnel. Once successfully connected you should see Status:Connected displayed over the ‘Start’ button.
Using 3CX VoIP Tunnel with 3CX Phone for iPhone
By using 3CX VoIP Tunnel in tandem with 3CX Phone for iPhone, you will be able to connect to your PBX from an external network. Using the ‘In Office’ and ‘Out Of Office’ features, you can quickly and easily switch your profile to connect between local and external connections. The following steps illustrate how you can connect to your PBX from an external network using the 3CX Tunnel and reconnect using your local settings when your back at the office.
- Tap on the 3CX Phone for iPhone icon. You need to have configured an account in 3CX for iPhone at this stage..
Tap on the ‘More’ icon located to the bottom right hand side of the application
- Select Settings (left image) and then click on Accounts(right image) to access your Account list.
- Click on the blue and white arrow circle to configure your account settings. Note You might have multiple accounts listed, select the one that you you want to configure to use 3CX Tunnel
- Once in the account Settings scroll down the list and find the ‘Use 3CX Tunnel Option’ (left image) and set it to ‘ON’ (right image)
- Now 3CXPhone will auto detect when you are out of the office and will switch to ‘Out of Office’ mode using the 3CX Tunnel and back to ‘In office when’ it detects that you are at your office network.
- To switch manually to ‘Out of Office’, tap the ‘Out of Office’ button as shown in red above and select ‘Out of Office’ (this requires 3CX VoIP Tunnel to be running; the tunnel application will connect 3CX Phone for iPhone to your 3CX Phone System).
- To switch manually to ‘In Office’ follow the same procedure.