This user manual explains how you can take advantage of your 3CX Phone System Extension.
3CX Phone System is a new VoIP PBX that offers you many more benefits then a traditional PBX. You can read more about 3CX Phone System here.
3CX MyPhone is a web based utility that allows you to manage your extension with a few mouse clicks – rather than via a cryptic and limited phone interface.
3CX MyPhone Basics
- Introduction and Login
- Setting up 3CX MyPhone Locally or Remotely
- Monitoring Calls and Extensions (Presence) – view status of other extensions.
- Making Calls
- Receiving Calls
3CX MyPhone Features
- Setting your Status (Presence) – Set your status so that call management takes effect accordingly.
- Text Chat – Instant message other users on 3CX Phone System.
- Queues – Log in/out of queues and monitor calls in queue.
- Voice Mail – View your voice mail from your web browser.
- Call History – View your inbound, outbound and missed calls.
- Phonebook – How to use the built in phone book.
- Making Conference Calls – Easily create ad-hoc conference calls with one or more parties.
3CX MyPhone Settings
- Extension Details – Extension user, Voice mail Settings and Office hours.
- Forwarding Rules – Configuring your phone to forward calls on busy, no answer or when you are out of the office.
- Preferences – Options relating to notifications, dialing and more.
- Dial Codes – Perform phone system functions from your dial pad with extension dial codes.
- CRM Integration – 3CX allows you to make and receive calls directly from your contact manager / CRM system. Integration is available for Microsoft Outlook, Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics, SugarCRM, Sage Act! and Google Contacts.
If you are on the phone, 3CX can record voice mail for you. You can retrieve your voice mail via the phone (default vmail extension is 999) or via e-mail or from your web browser using 3CX MyPhone. Read about the voice mail functions here.
3CXPhone for Windows, iPhone and Android
3CX also includes a softphone, which allows you to use your extension from home or in tandem with 3CX MyPhone and/or your IP Phone. For information about 3CXPhone, click here.
Using Your IP Phone
3CX works with popular IP Phones. Each IP phone has a different way of performing blind or attended transfers. Below you will find detailed guides with photos showing how to perform a blind or attended transfer. Note that this information is subject to change.
- Transferring calls with an Aastra IP Phone
- Transferring calls with a CISCO SPA IP Phone
- Transferring calls with a Yealink IP Phone
- Transferring calls with a Grandstream IP Phone
- Transferring calls with a Polycom IP Phone
3CX MyPhone Manual In Other Languages