3CX Phone System includes full Microsoft Outlook CRM integration as standard with all commercial editions of version 10. To integrate Outlook with 3CX, you will need to use 3CX MyPhone, which comes bundled with 3CX Phone System 10.
This article demonstrates how to integrate Outlook using 3CX MyPhone, how to launch calls, what in-bound call pop-ups are and how to view all calls via Outlook’s journal.
The Benefits of Integrating Microsoft Outlook with 3CX Phone System
Integrating 3CX with Outlook provides the following features:
- To call a customer within Outlook, simply click on the customer contact. There’s no need to input the customer’s number into your phone, which saves you and your employees time.
- Call Pop-ups
- In-bound calls will pop-up on your screen, letting you know which customer is calling. This saves your company time, as your customer’s details are instantly brought up on the screen. If you do not have the customer’s details stored within Outlook, you can create a new contact record.
- Call Journals
- All in-bound, out-bound and missed calls are stored in the customer’s contact journal, allowing you to track the calls that were made to that customer.
The following are requirements in order to get 3CX MyPhone and Outlook integration:
- Supported Outlook versions 2003, 2007, 2010 ONLY
- Preferred OS is Windows 7 which must have latest service packs and updates installed. (Can work on XP SP3. Vista not recommended)
- 3CX MyPhone and Microsoft Outlook should be installed on the same computer, both open and running
- 3CX MyPhone should be installed locally so added features are enabled. Click here to Install 3CX MyPhone Locally
- You will need the latest version of 3CX Desktop Components installed.
Configuring 3CX MyPhone to Integrate with Microsoft Outlook
Before you can integrate 3CX Phone System 10 with Microsoft Outlook, you must configure 3CX MyPhone. Here are the simple steps:
1. Make sure you have Microsoft Outlook opened. Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 are supported for integration with 3CX Phone System 10.
2. Open 3CX MyPhone and select the Settings and Preferences tabs
3. Ensure you have downloaded and installed the 3CX MyPhone Desktop Components. If you have not installed the Desktop Components, the ‘Configure’ link will appear grayed out.
4. Now click on the ‘Configure’ link.
5. If you would like all in-bound calls to pop-up on your screen, check the Pop up contact record on incoming call box.
6. The following dialog box will appear that allows you to select which contacts folders you want to use to match a caller ID to a contact.
7. You can select personal contact folders or even public folders. Select as many as you want but take note that the more you select, the slower the caller ID matching will be.
8. The Store Call Information in Microsoft Outlook box should be checked if you want to log all in-bound, out-bound and missed calls within the customer’s contact journal.
9. The Show New Contact Dialog in Outlook box should be checked if you would like to be given the option to create a new record for any unknown contact’s that call in.
10. You can choose to either manually or automatically close a pop-up in-bound contact record by selecting the preference that best suits you.
11. Click OK to complete configuration.
Launching Calls from Microsoft Outlook
1. Open your contact’s section within Outlook.
2. Right click on the contact you want to call and select Call contact with 3CX. The call will be set up directly on your phone.
Screen Pop-up on In-Bound Calls
When an inbound call arrives into your extension, a pop-up screen will show the customer contact details. You can close it right away or wait for the application to close it automatically.
To open the contact record in Outlook, click on the Click to open the contact record link. If a contact is not found in Outlook, you can automatically create it by clicking the Click to create a new contact record link.
Track All Calls with Microsoft Outlook’s Journal
All in-bound, out-bound and missed calls will automatically be logged in Outlook’s journal and shown in the activities tab for that contact.