The new 3CXPhone shipped with version 12 has been a major step forward. Its seamless support for Android phones, tablets, iPads, iPhones and of course Windows desktops as well as its integrated softphone with PUSH support has set new standards of mobility in the PBX industry. And CTI integration with leading IP Phones means great productivity gains. At the same time, it presented a major architectural change that required us to redevelop many features, some of which did not make it into the first 3CX Phone System v12 release.
We shipped many features in Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2, but following feedback from our valued customers and partners, we started to work around the clock to launch Service Pack 3 and include as many of the features requested that we could. Service Pack 3 for 3CX Phone System should be out by the end of November and will include the following features:
- Choice of colors. Besides the current Dark Grey color scheme, there is also a White color scheme.
- 3CXPhone is slightly larger, allowing all icons to major functions to be listed at the bottom of the client.
- Added the ability to change voicemail greeting messages based on the status you’ve set.
- Call Duration is now displayed in the Call History.
- Standard Blue Tooth headsets are supported in Windows & Mac (i.e without answer button)
- Contacts can now have multiple numbers. Mobile and home numbers have different icons.
- Queue Calls forwarded to mobile numbers are seen in the presence Active calls screen of the user.
- Added the ability to automatically change your status to ‘Away’ when there’s no computer activity.
- Added the ability to launch the 3CXPhone client automatically if numbers on a website are formatted with the ‘tel: protocol’ URL links.
- Chat notifications are updated when a user is not available for chat.
- Added chat status at the top showing the chat status of the user you are chatting with.
- Messages sent when you are offline will be delivered when you change your status to ‘Available’.
- Added search in Voicemails and Recordings.
- Added the ability to add a company / personal phonebook entry from Call History.
- Improved Hotkey function. Now simply press hotkey (no need for CTRL + C) and the number will be copied, cleaned from any –, spaces or () and pasted to the 3CXPhone dial pad.
- Company phonebook entries can now be imported with just the company name, which is useful for business contacts.
- Added the option to add an international dialing code to replace + with 00 or 01 for CTI calls.
- Added the ability to transfer / divert to someone else’s voicemail.
- Mapped delete key to delete voicemails and recordings.
- The company phonebook can now also search using a company name.
- Search filters in the full screen Presence, Contacts and Voicemail section have been approved.
- Added G722 support.
- Fixed answering notification not showing when another application was maximized in the foreground.
- Fixed the issue when 3CXPhone is used over a VPN.
- Fixed the issue that external participants were not always visible when creating conferences.
- Fixed the crash when the language is set to Turkish.
- Fixed the bug that prevented the client from showing remote bridges.
- Fixed the bug that showed 3CXPhone as not registered when in CTI mode.
- Fixed crash when copy / paste commands were entered whilst on a call.
- Fixed crash when 3CXPhone loses connection to the server and the user tries to access Call History.
- Fixed the bug when in full screen presence mode that didn’t show queues and remote bridge information.
- Fixed the bug when phone loses configuration.
- Fixed bug in codecs and outbound proxy.
All these great features should be with you before the end of November. Meanwhile, I welcome your feedback!