We are happy to announce the first beta of version 8! Here are the features we have been working on:
- New Phones management page lists all connected IP phones and allows you to re provision or reboot all or several phones remotely.
- Phones management page allows you to easily launch a phone’s admin interface
- Ability to edit provisioning files for phones
- Ability to provision FXS gateways
- Ability to forward a voice mail to another user
- Ability to trigger a call back to the person who left a voice mail message
- Setup wizard now allows easy setup of VoIP provider
- Added support for Beronet Gateway cards
- SecureRTP – ability to encrypt voice if phone supports it.
- Improved performance of system.
Small Business, Pro and Enterprise editions
- 3CX Assistant includes integrated text chat – message other extension users
- Improved MyPhone interface with Missed Calls, Outbound and Inbound calls
- Ability to black list callers
- New easy to use Call Forwarding Interface
- Company and Personal phonebook
- Faster click 2 dial with direct IP phone and 3CXPhone integration
- Ability to run the 3CX Assistant from a remote location via the tunnel
- Ability to proxy the MyPhone interface from a remote location via the tunnel
- Ability to trigger recording a call from 3CX Assistant
- Call Barge – in
- Call Redirection to a mobile / external number that allows forwarding to company voice mail if no answer or call is rejected
- Two additional Queue strategies: Ring All and Prioritized hunt
- Full CRM integration with Microsoft Outlook & Salesforce.com
- Network wide automatic updating of 3CX Assistant
- New 3CXPhone (not available in beta) integration with 3CX Assistant
- Improved paging performance & multi cast support
- Improved call reporter
- If the fax service looses connection to the database, the service will stop. The service then needs to be started manually. This should generally not happen.
- Outbound caller id on the line will show main number, not the extension Outbound caller ID
- Call Barge in works for all users, i.e. there are no rights implemented yet
- Caller id for calls over a bridge is not shown correctly in the call assistant
- The VoIP Phone – Assistant integrated is not yet included
The full change log can be found here. The administrator manual can be found here, and the extension user manual here.