The final version of 3CX Phone System 11 is available from here.
3CX is pleased to announce the availability of 3CX Phone System Version 11, Build 25413 BETA. 3CX Phone System 11 is a major release containing many new features, improvements and bug fixes, including native 64 bit support, inbuilt Video support, numerous queue features, improved performance and increased security with new features like Pin protection and Country blocking.
New Features in 3CX Phone System 11 Beta
- Native 64-bit support. On 32-bit systems, 3CX will install 32-bit components whilst on 64-bit architectures, 64-bit components are automatically installed. Only 1 installation package is required.
- Video Calls Support (Re-invites must be configured on each extension).
- Ability to dial a dial code (default *5) to hide the outbound caller ID on an outgoing call.
- Emergency numbers – Users can dial emergency numbers even if outbound calls are forbidden.
- Receive email notifications of missed calls.
- Country blocking feature with an email notification when a user attempts to dial a number to a country that has been blocked.
- PIN Protect Feature – Require a PIN number to be entered before an outbound call can be made.
- Faster re-registration on bridges and tunnel connections plus the ability to control outbound caller ID at the bridge level.
- Two new provisioning modes to configure SIP Phones
- Configure a SIP Phone as an EXTERNAL extension using STUN.
- Configure a SIP Phone in Out of office mode using SIP PROXY MANAGER.
- Distinctive ringing – Configure different ring tones for different types of call – from Queue, external, etc.
- Automatic call unparking to the person that originally parked the call or a configured destination.
- Ability to create a music on hold playlist, line in, and music on hold for parked calls.
- Increased number of shared parking places from 10 to 50.
- Ability to filter out voicemails that are less than a specified time duration in milliseconds. Currently controlled via a parameter in the custom parameter table (MINVOICEMAILDURATION).
- Option to disable Voicemail PIN Authentication. Useful for 3CX Hotel Module integration.
- Ability to configure different holiday prompts for different holidays, e.g. Christmas themed messages can be played on 25th December every year, etc.
- Multiple access by allowed extensions to connect to the 3CX Management Console and 3CX Wallboard.
- Parking and un-parking of calls is now controlled by rights in the 3CX Management Console Groups section.
- Ability to hide queue statistics or queue caller ID information per group.
- 3CX MyPhone Clients – a new node in the 3CX Management Console shows all current 3CX MyPhone connected users, IP addresses, registration times, whether using a browser or installed locally, and whether an update is required for 3CX Desktop Components.
- Ability to modify custom 1 and custom 2 profiles. These are changed to Available 2 and Out of office 2. For example, out of office 2 can be modified to DND. This profile will be displayed on all 3CX MyPhone users after a re-login.
- Improvements in ISDN signalling and caller name replacements.
- If an unknown extension is dialed through an IVR, this call can be routed to a specific destination.
- Support for Google Chrome.
Queue Features – 3CX Call Center Module
- Priority Queues – Calls to priority queues are fast-tracked to the top of the queue.
- Ability to configure a maximum number of callers in a Queue.
- Wrap-up time persistent across all queues
- External Queue Agents – Assign a queue extension to a mobile phone for roaming agents.
- Ability for a caller to opt out of recording (Default key press 3).
- Ability to reset Queue Statistics on a daily or weekly basis.
- New skin for 3CX MyPhone.
- Conference improvements, real time call status information and notification of failed conference calls.
- Conference scheduling – Conference email sending with .ics files attached to easily update email calendars.
- Ability to see and delete recordings (controlled by rights in the 3CX Management Console).
- Tool tips displayed on hover.
- Ability to transfer a call to another users’ voicemail.
- Ability to enter presence information in 3CX MyPhone. For example ,”Out of office – Business trip”.
- Chat indicator to show that a person is available or not available for chat.
- Chat indication that a user is typing in a chat box and the ability to configure a different incoming chat sound notification.
- Saving of layout, re-sizing of extension group boxes.
- Abandoned queue calls and the ability to mark abandoned queue calls as dealt with, not dealt with or dealing with.
- 3CX Call Center Module only.
- When a caller has been waiting in the queue for longer than the configured SLA time (service level agreement), a notification is displayed in 3CX MyPhone and a sound notification is also played to attract the agents attention.
- 3CX Call Center Module only.
- Microsoft Outlook contact information can be triggered on ringing stage or connected stage.
- Ability to park calls in 3CX MyPhone to the 3CX Shared Parking Places (Configurable in Settings).
- Remote 3CX PBX presence support (Available only in the 3CX Pro and Enterprise licenses).
- Automatic re-connection and sign-in if the 3CX MyPhone app is disconnected or web services are restarted.
- 3CX MyPhone will automatically connect to local (LAN) or external (WAN) networks. Public IP must be configured in the 3CX Management Console and port 5000 TCP must be opened on your firewall.
3CX Web Reports
- Web reports – A new web application for creating reports is available and can be accessed by typing into your browser: http://3CXIPADDRESS:5000/reports
- Multiple extensions can be configured to allow 3CX Web reports access. Login is made by entering extension number and PIN.
- Filter by billing code.
- 2 new reports have been added to the 3CX Web Reporter – Ability to generate a report by call type (example national, international, mobile, etc.) and ability to generate a report for outbound calls per group. These 2 reports are available in the Pro and Enterprise versions of 3CX Phone System.
- Numerous bug fixes in totals and percentages, and reporting functionality shows more information for transfered and queue calls.
Limitations of BETA
- Missed Call to a ring group does not generate a missed call notification in 3CX MyPhone, nor an email.
- When a call is made from A to B, transferred to C and disconnected before C answers, a missed call will not be displayed on C.
- Calls made from 3CX MyPhone are shown as answered even if call is not answered at the final destination.
- The following sections are not available in the 3CX Management Console when accessed via Google Chrome Browser: Edit Templates, Phone Provisioning templates. They will be seen as grayed out.
- If 3CX Phone System is installed on a computer that has Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 installed, 3CX MyPhone will not work.
- 3CX Web Reports: When an external call is incoming to the PBX and forwarded to an extension that is away and forwarding to a mobile, the call will show the correct source and destination but the cost will be 0 for the outbound leg.
- Incoming Faxes with Broadvox is not working. We have raised a support ticket with Broadvox for analysis.
Installing 3CX Phone System 11 Beta
Since this is a major release, in order to update from 3CX Phone System 10 to 11 a full reinstall is required. The following steps are required:
- Take a complete backup of your 3CX Phone System 10 installation using the 3CX Backup and Restore tool (Start > All Programs > 3CX Phone System > Backup and restore Tool). Note – this might take some time depending on the amount of voicemails, recordings and call history records.
- NOTE: If you have a lot of voicemails and recordings, it is recommended to take a backup of these manually and exclude backing them up from the backup and restore. This will save a lot of time during the upgrade.
- Uninstall 3CX Phone System 10.
- Download and install 3CX Phone System 11.
- Restore your backup when prompted via the 3CX Wizard.
- You can download 3CX Phone System Version 11 BETA from here.
- The administration manual can be found here (PDF).
- The 3CX MyPhone & Extension user manual is web based and can be found here.