UPDATE: 18 April 13:15 (UTC +2) All 3CX partners now have a 3CX Webmeeting NFR key, which can be retrieved from the Partner Portal (General tab, NFR license keys section)
We have been working around the clock to complete our much anticipated video conferencing solution, 3CX WebMeeting, which is now available in alpha. You can download 3CX WebMeeting as an extension to your current 3CX Phone System Version 12. By using your existing 3CX Phone System license key, you can activate a WebMeeting account with 3 participants. Simply check the 3CX Updates section and download the 3CX WebMeeting update.
3CX’s video conferencing solution will combine instant screen sharing and classroom features to enable 3CX users to give presentations and training to colleagues and customers. With 3CX WebMeeting, users will be able to enrich their standard phone calls with video, and even take control of a participant’s desktop to fix or show something on their computer. Web conferences can be launched from the web portal or 3CXPhone client with a few mouse-clicks, and by leveraging WebRTC participants will be able to join meetings without the need to download additional software. 3CX’s easy to use web conferencing solution will enable businesses to save time and money by hosting virtual meetings, whilst enjoying the benefits of face-to-face communication.
We look forward to hear your feedback from the Alpha launch!
Installing 3CX Phone System 12 WebMeeting
- Access the 3CX Windows Forms Management Console, click on 3CX Service Packs/Updates and download 3CX WebMeeting Alpha Update
- After the update is complete, log in to the 3CX Web Management Console, click on Settings > Advanced > Custom parameters
- Search for the following parameter SHOWMUI and change this from 0 to 1
- Click on Apply > OK, and then log out from the management console, and log in again
- Click on Settings > WebMeeting
- Select ‘Register your Free 3CX WebMeeting 3 Simultaneous Participant Solution’ and press Activate. Note: 3CX Partners must use the NFR available from the partner portal which enables up to 10 participants
- After activation, click on Account Management tab and create a WebMeeting account, URL, portal admin and password
- Click on Create Account to create your personalized 3CX WebMeeting account
- After the account is created, click on Users and Access tab and select which users from your 3CX Phone System you would like to be able to create and organize web meetings. When done click save to create user accounts for these extensions. More information can be found here: Configuring Web Call Conferencing
- Finally you can tell the users that have an account to log in using 3CXPhone for Windows. Once users click on the conference button, they will be presented with 2 added options: Create WebMeeting and Scheduled WebMeetings. To learn how to use 3CX Webmeeting, see these articles on Hosting a web conference and Using the 3CX WebMeeting Client
- Users that receive a Webmeeting email invitation can click on the link to join the meeting. More information on this can be found here: Joining a Web Conference
- 3CX WebMeeting Alpha is only available via Service pack updates and only for 3CX Phone System Version 12 installations.
- 3CXPhone for Windows client is included in 3CX Phone System 12 update and will be updated automatically.
3CX Partners must use their 3CX WebMeeting NFR available from the 3CX Partner Portal, General tab, NFR license keys section.
When you compose the Account URL of your choice, please write the domain name in LOWER CASE LETTERS. We will fix this in the next update. Do not use upper case, spaces or symbols.
3CX Webmeeting does not work in FREE mode, or with a DEMO Key. Do not try and use a demo key because it will create issues.