On this topic
The Call Reporting feature can be configured to send an email containing specific report statistics about calls to and from 3CX Phone System. Reports can be sent out ad hoc or be scheduled to be sent out daily, weekly on specific days or on the first day of the week. You can also receive these reports in various formats, PDF, CSV, HTML, Rich text format and XML.
The following report types are available:
- Call Log - View statistics about calls to and from 3CX Phone System.
- Extension Statistics - See reports about calls to and from specific extensions.
- Call Cost by Extension Group - Run reports on groups to see call costs.
- Call Cost by Call Type - Specify extensions and see their call costs.
- Ring Group Statistics - See information about calls to ring groups.
- Basic Queue Statistics - See how your queues are performing.
Note: To access advanced call reports you require a 3CX Pro Edition license. These reports provide more detailed information on Detailed Queue Statistics, Team Statistics, Queue Performance Overview, Graphs, Lost calls, Call Distribution, Abandoned Calls, SLA Statistics, Callback Statistics, Breached Calls, Agent Statistics, Login history of Agents and other reports useful in Call Center scenarios.
Reports are generated and sent automatically by email, so that report creation can be executed as a low priority process and will not interfere with the phone system.
To create a report and receive it by email:
- From the 3CX Management Console, select the “Call Reports” node.
- From the report drop down menu choose the type of report to run.
- Type a name for your report.
- Depending on the type of report, you will see various options that you can configure. For example:
- If you choose to run an “Extension Statistics Report” you can choose to generate a report for all extensions, a single extension or a range of extensions.
- You can also choose a time range for your report. A Custom range allows you to customize the date and time from when the report should be generated. Other options include generation for calls made “Today”, “Yesterday”, “Last week”, “Last 7 days” or “Last 30 days”.
- For these types of report you can also choose to capture specific call types, for example, “Internal calls”, “External calls” or “All calls”. Click on “Next”.
- Configure your prefered Report Format from the drop down list.
- Enter the email address that will receive the report.
- From the frequency drop down box choose whether to run the report “One time now”, schedule the report to run “Daily”, “First day of each week” or “Weekly” on specific days.
- If you have chosen to run the report “One time now” click the “Email now” button at the bottom to run the report and email it immediately. If you have chosen any other frequency for the report then click the “Save and Schedule” button.
- Depending on the configured schedule, an email will be sent. Click the “Download” button to retrieve the report.
Manage your Scheduled Reports
If you have chosen to schedule reports, they will appear under the “Scheduled Reports” node. From here you can edit your scheduled tasks reports or delete them.
Custom Report Settings
The “Settings” subnode allows you to change the logo that is used when reports are generated.
You may also choose to clear call log records since a specific date, delete daily or last week’s call logs, or simply delete all call logs.
- Find more information on Customizing Email Templates.