Configuring Web & Call Conferencing
On this topic
Call conferencing allows you to easily configure up to eight conference calls that can allow a total of 64 callers (license permitting). The 64 caller limit is for all conferences, not per conference. Although many conference call services exist, it’s often easier and cheaper to host your own audio conferences. To simplify the set-up of conference calls, conferences can be set-up ad hoc, without the need to reserve a conference room.
In addition to standard voice conferencing, 3CX Phone System also has an advanced web / video conferencing feature called 3CX WebMeeting. 3CX Webmeeting is based on the number of concurrent participants you wish to host.
- In the 3CX Management Console, expand the “Settings” > node, select “PBX” and switch to the “Conferencing” tab.
- Specify the conferencing extension number. This is the number that users must call to setup and connect to a conference.
- Specify whether to require a PIN to create a conference. If you enable this, users that create a conference must enter this conference PIN, after the Conference ID. The PIN will be used automatically when a user creates the conference via 3CXPhone.
Creating a Conference Call
Conference calls can be created using one of the following methods:
- From 3CXPhone, the user can create an ad hoc conference. For more information how to do this see the online user manual:
From the Conference section in 3CXPhone, the user can also schedule conference calls to occur in the future. Users will receive an email with the conference call details. External users need to be notified by the conference creator.
- Users can also create conference calls using their IP phones. They will need to dial the Conference Extension number (700) by default, and follow the prompts.
See the guide for information on how to Create an Ad-hoc Conference Call using your Desk Phone.
Web Conferencing / Webmeeting
3CX Phone System has a powerful video conferencing feature called 3CX WebMeeting, which allows you can to host video conferences for up to 10 (Standard) or 25 (PRO) participants. You can license additional participants if you wish. See 3CX WebMeeting Pricing to find out the full pricing structure and other available 3CX WebMeeting versions. Follow these steps to configure 3CX WebMeeting on your 3CX Phone System:
Step 1 - Enable the 3CX WebMeeting Feature
- Navigate to the “WebMeeting” node.
- Webmeeting Settings dialog will launch automatically.
- Select the Region that applies to you.
- Choose a web meeting location that is the closest to you.
- Enter your Company URL, normally the company name. This URL will be shown in the meeting invites, i.e. the link that users will click on.
- The Admin extension will be selected automatically and a password will be auto generated.
- Click the “Enable Webmeeting” button. An account will be created and dedicated to your organization.
Step 2 - Enable users to use WebMeeting
All users in your organization will be able to organize webmeetings automatically.
If you want to disable this feature for some selected users, uncheck the checkbox next to the Extension that will not be creating Webmeetings.
Organizing web meetings from 3CXPhone
Users that have a 3CX WebMeeting user account created, are now able to organize and schedule web meeting sessions. All this can be done from within 3CXPhone. Start 3CXPhone for Windows or Mac and click on the “Conference” tab in the bottom operations toolbar. Two new options will be visible at this point: “Create WebMeeting” and “Scheduled WebMeetings”.