This step-by-step guide shows you how you can configure your analog fax machine to work with 3CX Phone System. By using the Welltech ATA172plus-PoE FXS GW, you can quickly and easily convert an analogue fax machine into a SIP enabled fax machine and send and receive faxes via 3CX Phone System.
Step 1: Create a Fax extension in 3CX
In the 3CX Phone System Management Console, create a fax extension(s) for your fax machine(s).
Step 2: Create a Welltech ATA 172plus-PoE provisioning file
- Log in to the 3CX Management Console and click on “PSTN Gateways” tab.
- Select “Add Gateway”, enter a name, for example, “Welltech ATA172plus” and select “Welltech” from the drop down list and select ATA172plus-PoE and press “Next”.
- Choose Country Tone Set, enter the Welltech WAN MAC Address in the “MAC Address” field and press “Next”.
- In the “Gateway Hostname or IP” field put the WAN IP address of Welltech ATA device and press “Next”.
- In the Set Gateway Extensions tab choose the FAX extension(s) which should be connected via FXS ports and press “Next”.
- In the Configuration file generation page press “Generate config File”. A configuration file will be generated and you can choose where to save it. The recommended place to save the file is in the provisioning directory (Default: “C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\PROVSUBDIR\).
Step 3: Update the Welltech ATA172plus-PoE firmware
The firmware can be downloaded from this link.
Supported FW version for Welltech ATA172plus-PoE is V3.10 (2.0.3-1-1406280).
Step 4: Configure the Welltech ATA172plus-PoE
- Make sure that your Welltech device is factory reseted. If not, to reset the Wellgate ATA172plus-PoE press and hold the “Reset” button for 5 seconds.
- Open browser and connect to ATA172plus-PoE web interface using 9999 port, for example, http://10.172.1.22:9999.
- Log in using default username: root and password:test.
- Navigate to “Management” > “Auto Provision” tab and enter your provisioning server credentials in the appropriate fields (you can get your Local Provisioning URL information from “Settings” > “Phone Provisioning” tab):
- Provisioning Type – HTTP
- HTTP Server – IP address of your 3CX Phone System
- HTTP Port – HTTP port of your 3CX Phone System
- HTTP File Path – provisioning/PROVSUBDIR/
- Click on “Save and Reboot” node and choose “Reboot”.
- On startup, the configuration file will be downloaded from the 3CX Phone System Provisioning server and your device will be ready to make and receive the FAX calls. You should see the Extensions turn Green (REGISTERED) in the “System Extensions Status” tab of the 3CX Management Console and in the System Status page of Welltech ATA172 device.