Hosting 3CX PBX in Google Cloud
On this topic
Easily host and manage 3CX in your own Google Cloud account, managing all your servers from one account and leveraging your Google Cloud knowledge to stay in full control of your 3CX install. This guide explains how to get a free Google Cloud account with a $300 credit and use it to setup a VM with a 3CX hosted PBX using PBX Express.
Step 1 - Getting your Free Google Cloud Trial Account
- Log in to your Google/Gmail account.
- Visit https://cloud.google.com and click the trial button.
- Select your country, agree with the required terms and then click “Agree and Continue”.
- Complete your personal or business information.
- Enter your credit/debit card information and click on “Start My Free Trial” to create your Google Cloud account with $300 credit. More Information here: https://cloud.google.com/free/.
Step 2 - Enable the Google Cloud Compute Engine and API
- Navigate to the Compute Engine, click on the top left icon to bring out the menu and select the “Compute Engine” service.
- Verify that the Compute Engine & API is enabled for your Google Cloud Account. This is needed to allow the 3CX PBX Express to create a VM instance with 3CX on it.
- You can create a project - or let Google create a project for you using the default name “My First Project” upon running the 3CX PBX Express.
Step 3 - Take the PBX Express
Now it’s time to take the PBX Express and have a fully working PBX in just 5 simple steps:
- Fill in the trial / free license key form here and confirm your email to receive the link to the PBX Express. Click on the link to take the PBX Express to setup and configure your hosted 3CX PBX in your Google cloud account.
- Authenticate with your Google account in the same browser window.
- In step 5 of the PBX Express, select Google as your Cloud Provider and allow the 3CX PBX Express to manage your Google Cloud Platform to setup the machine.
- Select your preferred location to finish the PBX Express and setup your hosted 3CX PBX in your Google Cloud Account.
- After the PBX Express is finished, you can go to “Compute Engine” > “VM instances” and verify your 3CX PBX machine.
- Trial Quota Limitations - The trial account comes with some default quota limitations which can be increased. Alternatively, you can move away from the trial offer and switch to a paid account. For example, the free account allows a maximum of 1 static public IP, or up to 8 “ephemeral” IPs in total. Ephemeral IPs do not change unless the VM is rebooted or stopped. In order to host more than one 3CX instances in a trial account, it’s best to setup the VM in “dynamic public IP” mode.