3CX WebMeeting Chrome Extension Configuration
3CX WebMeeting requires the installation of a Google Chrome extensions in order for the Screen Sharing, Co Browsing and the other sharing features to function. 3CX WebMeeting will request the installation of this extensions the first time you someone joins a meeting.
In this article we take you through the procedure you need to follow in order to generate your personalized Chrome Extensions for upload to the Chrome Web Store.
Step 1: Download and Customise the Extension .zip File
- Login to your main WebMeeting portal. For example: https://webmeeting.interobit.com.
- From the top menu, switch to the “Admin” page.
- Select “Settings” from the menu on the left, and switch to the “Plugins” tab.
- Download and save the extension .zip. Do not close this page as we will return it.
- Unzip the .zip file, and locate the “manifest.json” file.
- Edit “manifest.json” with a text editing program. For example, Notepad++.
- Search the file for “example.com” and replace it with your domain. For example: “interobit.com”. The result should look like: "*://*.interobit.com/*"
- Search for “version”, locate the extension version number and note it down. For example: 8.
- Save your change and re-zip the file.
Step 2: Create a Chrome Web Store Developer Account and Upload your Extension
- Navigate to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/developer/dashboard and login using your google account credentials. If you do not have a google account, create one now.
- A one-time developer registration fee is required to verify your account and publish items. Click “Pay this fee now” and proceed to the billing page.
- Once you have payed the fee, return to the dashboard:
- Click on the “Add new item” button.
- Click “Choose File” and upload the .zip file that you have customised in the previous step.
- You will be redirected to the extension configuration page. Check “Inline install”.
- Proceed to verify your domain. Click on “Add a new site” and take the appropriate steps to verify your domain. Google allows you to choose between several ways to verify your domain so you can choose what is best for you.
- When you verify your domain, it will appear in the drop down menu. Select it, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Publish”.
- Return to the dashboard https://chrome.google.com/webstore/developer/dashboard and click “More info” next to your newly added extension.
- Copy the “Item ID”.
Step 3: Finish your 3CX WebMeeting Chrome Extension Configuration
- Return to the “Chrome extension” page you have left open in Step 1.
- In the “Trusted FQDN” field fill in the FQDN you have configured for your main portal. For example: webmeeting.interobit.com
- In the “Extension Install FQDN field” enter the FQDN where the extension can be installed from. Note: It must match the validated FQDN in your Google developer console.
- In the “Item ID” field fill in the Item ID you have copied from your google developer dashboard.
- Fill in the “Version” field with the version number you have found in “manifest.json”.
- Click “Save” to save your configuration.