» Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:44 pm
The 3CX PBX looks like it is going to be a great system, but to put it into a production environment some additional functionality would be useful.
So here is my wish list.
by Nick Galea
» Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:34 am
Thank you for your great feedback!
We are working on building the feature list for future versions so your input is much appreciated. In regards to desktop popup for hardware phones, what features would you be looking for?
» Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:50 am
First of all thanks to 3CX Team for this revolucionary product:
I Wish that the 3CX team:
» Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:48 pm
regarding beta 3 release
-when a user is nog online trhu a softphone reg. the call must be rerouted to the voicemail
now its only possible when a user is online after a few cals to get to the voicemail
when i call and the user is offline the call is disconnected.
-voipbusters looks like it, not working.
-more call route config possibilitys
Wish list pile on
» Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:58 pm
This product is darn good and the best windows based PBX I've played with so far. I'd like to see.
1. Better control of Caller I.D. My GXP 2000/Vonage softphone combination by itself can send anything up to 15 characters but so far, I haven't been able to figure out how to do this with 3CX in the mix. It only sends the number, but no "Elvis Presley" or anything else. Any ideas?
2. Ability to control music on hold more. It would be nice to have it play random songs placed in the directory or other wave or mp3 files in a directory instead of just selecting one file. Better yet and in addition to this, integrate a streaming client that will stream from one of thousands of internet sources. I know this would cause a dead space during the initial buffering of the music stream but during this buffering period, you could have a message saying "Thanks for holding someone will be right with you" to fill the silence during the buffering. Better even yet and in addition to the above, stream in from the line in port of a sound card so just a radio or mp3 player could be used for on hold audio thus alleviating cpu and/or bandwidth burdening.
3. Ok, I hate to be too demanding, but speaking of sound card, create a *XXX extension that another extension could dial into. This extension would be the intercom and would send sound out the line-out port of a sound card on the system. So you could plug an intercom system or even a simple speaker to the port and have an intercom???
Thanks engineers and techs, seriously.
» Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:35 pm
Thank you for your fair words
1. I will doublecheck Caller-ID logic before RC2 upload
2. We will improve it for Professional version for sure
3. Nice feature, we'll think about it. Thanks for idea.
» Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:37 pm
1. Enable authentication for outgoing email on the smtp server. (my ISP required this option for sending my email).
2. Random Music on Hold.
3. Create a feature to modify and record all systems promts with a VOIP hardphone.
4. Not a 3CX feature, but a procedure or best practice for the modifications (rules) on the firewall.
» Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:58 pm
Yes, is very important to implement an authentication function for outgoing email on the smtp server.
(today almost all ISP required this option for sending my email).
Re: Wish List
» Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:15 am
My biggest wish is a simple one and would allow me to offer screen pops to my customers. It's this:
Can the 3CX callID be passed into to the VAD flows?
At present we have to turn people away from 3CX because we can't offer screen pops fronted by an IVR.
Re: Wish List
» Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:47 pm
3CX. Your phone system is of great use. I would like to note my following Wish List:
1. For FTP Backup, please change file name each scheduled backup.
(example: 9/1: [filename]-09012016.zip | 9/7: [filename]-09072016.zip
2. Lunch Hour Creation routes to different Digital Assistant.
3. When VM is recorded, system has option to call Mobile and play VM recording.
I'll be monitoring this post for feedback and potential add to feature-set.
Re: Wish List
» Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:08 pm
Wow, the member that posted just previous to you, really opened the vault door on that one.
Back when those post first began, 10 years ago, there was
no place to make suggestions for future "features".
However, there has been one for a while, and it has gone through several incarnations, the latest being...3cx-ideas-f57.html