3CX logo

3CX Phone System v12.5 Beta 2 Brings New & Improved Features

November 21, 2014 - 04:05pm

We are pleased to announce that the second beta release of 3CX Phone System v12.5 is now available for download. Based on your feedback, this release offers new and improved features, including the flexibility to configure your own ports and support for

globe communicatio

Experiencing Growing Pains? How Unified Comms Can Benefit Your Multilocation Corporation

November 05, 2014 - 01:11pm

Your company has experienced so much success that it has expanded into multiple locations, which means that congratulations—and an upgraded phone system—are in order. Now that your business has scaled, chances are you’ve outgrown your legacy phone

3CX PBX • View topic - Ext Group "Management"
3CX PBX • View topic - Ext Group "Management"

Ext Group "Management"

User to User - Answers are provided by the community. 3CX does NOT provide technical support via this forum. Commercial grade support should NOT be expected

Moderator: 3CX staff

Ext Group "Management"

Postby megatech » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:37 am

Does anyone know if this Ext Group "managment" can be renamed as it does not reflect our culture.
Senior management are concerned that phone system administrators are being seen as business managers accross the enterprise.

any help appreciated
peter
megatech
New User

Re: Ext Group "Management"

Postby leejor » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:45 am

Well, whether the senior managers want to admit it or not, you are managing something, the phones. Did someone ask for a raise? I think that if there was a huge outcry over the use of the term "management" then 3CX would probably consider re-writing the program, however, this is the first time I've ever heard of a concern like this. I guess on the next release they could consider using the term "administrator", although that might upset a few people too.
leejor
3CX Valued Professional
3CX Valued Professional

Postby demonofsteel » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:06 am

IMHO Administrator is even higher that Manager.

Anyways, I'm not sure it's worth doing the change, as we really are managers of our 3CX systems and not that many people are going to see that group anyway.

If that confuses people anyway, just create another Extension Group called Business Managers, then people will stop complaining.
demonofsteel
Expert
Expert

Postby megatech » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:45 pm

who cares why - just fix the software so it's not hard wired to someone else's idea of how a company should work (do all programmers have a control freak mentatlity where evertyhing needs to be done there - how hard can it be to change a label !!!!!!!).

i would like to see the management group re-namable and also hidden

I would also like to see group visibility in the assistant turned on an off per group/extension - we don't want some groups of people seeing who is and isn't making calls and to whom.

we have executives on confidential calls being monitored by mail staff and casual staff

3cx needs to grow up if they want to get serious in bigger business accounts and provide the customer with more configuration options - privacy is also now a much bigger issue in public companies and requires ability to shield call information to certain people/groups.

the 3cx assistant configuratin file should be attached to the group the extension is in, therefore at the server level, within a group an administrator can set who has access to what data..
megatech
New User

Postby pjr » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:04 pm

I raised the issue of visibilty of all groups within 3CX Assistant with 3CX and got the following reply:

This feature is the way it is, by design. This feature will be available in version 9.0

The feature they are referring to is the ability to only allow certain groups to see other groups.
Paul
pjr
Expert
Expert

Return to 3CX Phone System - General