Expanded Presence

3CXPhone Expanded Presence - How to Use and Customise it

July 25, 2014 - 05:12pm

The 3CXPhone Expanded Presence screen provides you with extended information on the presence and status of your colleagues.  Know if a colleague is available to talk, or away from their desk. You can also view and manage active calls, and monitor call

3CX WebMeeting

3CX Hotel Module Update

July 17, 2014 - 02:58pm

We are pleased to announce the release of an update of 3CX Hotel Module. This update of 3CX Hotel Module is designed to work seamlessly with 3CX Phone System 12, Service Pack 6. 3CX Hotel Module, is an add-on for 3CX Phone System. Once installed, it

3CX PBX • View topic - need 3cx VPN setup help
3CX PBX • View topic - need 3cx VPN setup help

need 3cx VPN setup help

User to User - Answers are provided by the community. 3CX does NOT provide technical support via this forum. Commercial grade support should NOT be expected

Moderator: 3CX staff

need 3cx VPN setup help

Postby ejizzel » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:02 pm

Im in the process of setting up the free version of 3cx and wanted to know is it possible to have a remote location connect to the 3cx system.

My proposed setup is as follows:
3cx running on a P4 2.5 GHZ system with 2 gigs of RAM running XP
6 SPA921 phones
2 SPA 3102 gateways.

I wanted to get 2 Cisco RV082 VPN router at each location and setup a Site-to-Site VPN between the 2 offices. I expect that the second location will have about 2 phones.

Any suggestions?? for the record we are on a limited budget. Were a small not for profit.
ejizzel
New User

Re: need 3cx VPN setup help

Postby gdewey » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:09 am

yes its possible as long as your remote location has access to the 3cx. the only problem with vpn was on 7.1 where the assistant software did not connect using tunneling. the new version (8,0) supports it and works pretty well.

we use netgear vpn clients (embeded on adsl routers) that connect to a pfsense ipsec concentrator. the solution is very cheap. the routers are 75 usd and pfsense is free (http://www.pfsense.org). is very stable!!
gdewey
New User

Postby ejizzel » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:33 am

gdewey wrote:yes its possible as long as your remote location has access to the 3cx. the only problem with vpn was on 7.1 where the assistant software did not connect using tunneling. the new version (8,0) supports it and works pretty well.

we use netgear vpn clients (embeded on adsl routers) that connect to a pfsense ipsec concentrator. the solution is very cheap. the routers are 75 usd and pfsense is free (http://www.pfsense.org). is very stable!!

GDEWEY....
Do you use the Netgear routers as VPN passthroughs. Though I like Linux im not ready to use it in a work envirnoment just yet (besides we dont even have any spare pc's laying around to install PFsense), would the Cisco VPN routers be sufficient.http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9926/index.html

Whats steps would I have to take to make sure the extensions work at the remote locations?
ejizzel
New User

Postby gdewey » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:54 am

no, I don't use the netgear router as vpn pass. I use it as a vpn endpoint

http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/WirelessGRouters/DG834G.aspx (this is the model)

it has ppoe client to substitute my adsl modem and it has a built in ipsec client to make the tunnel. that makes it very cheap and simple.

if your vpn is connected just make sure port 5060 (tcp or udp) is open between the remote network . some pbx'es like EPYGI would need to have a permission to get connections from other ip range.

ones your vpn connection is "debbuged" where you can ping or access other the router etc you can be sure your phone will subscribe on the 3cx..
gdewey
New User

Postby ejizzel » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:03 am

gdewey wrote:yes its possible as long as your remote location has access to the 3cx. the only problem with vpn was on 7.1 where the assistant software did not connect using tunneling. the new version (8,0) supports it and works pretty well.

GDEWEY...
Im not familiar with setting up VPN connections what would you use the IPSEC concentrator for ??
ejizzel
New User

Postby gdewey » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:31 am

well a vpn concentrator is not mandatory. But normally you will have a central base where all your remote locations need to connect. for that you need a vpn concentrator (that will support multiple tunnels).

ipsec is only one choise to make a vpn. openvpn using ssl is also nice to work with when one of your points has a nat in between.

in wich stage are you in? from what you say you dont have the vpn ready yet!

vpn is not require to connect a remote phone to the pbx, making a port fwd over the internet is always an option, but vpn makes your calls way more stable
gdewey
New User

Return to 3CX Phone System - General