• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented Partial Holiday - IN PROGRESS

serverwork

Reaction score
I'd like to request the ability to do Partial Holidays.

For example, a customer would like to close for half a day on Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve. The ability to set a Holiday to start at a specific time on the day would be fantastic. It would alleviate the need to remember to go back and fix the office hours for that particular day of the week after the holiday is passed.

Upvote 16
Re: Partial Holiday

Hello

In time of HOLidays (Christmas time or summer holidays) some of my customers are closed from friday evening erlier than regular schedules (for exemple 16:30 before chistmas holidays) for 2 weeks and re-oppend on next monday at 8:00 (regular office times)

thus It would be nice to describe holidays
- as a intervall between 2 dates (from the first day - saturday to the last full day last sunday)
- beginning on friday in this exemple (maybe earlier than regluar fridays)

for this described period the "prompt could be "jingle bells based " or anything else special to these specific hoilidays.

Everything is planned, that would be great to set this parameter in advanced and to enjoy holidays ourselves !

Time Conditions in General would be fantastic!!!

Hi,

This would be great for most of our customers as they often close for a half day once a month for staff training. Would also be ideal for Christmas eve etc etc.

Thanks

I totally agree.
Now you have to enter every single day which takes up quite some time.
A period with, if possible, not only start and end date but also time would be just great.

Weird that this has never been implemented although very obvious.

Cor i Luz said:
Hello

In time of HOLidays (Christmas time or summer holidays) some of my customers are closed from friday evening erlier than regular schedules (for exemple 16:30 before chistmas holidays) for 2 weeks and re-oppend on next monday at 8:00 (regular office times)

thus It would be nice to describe holidays
- as a intervall between 2 dates (from the first day - saturday to the last full day last sunday)
- beginning on friday in this exemple (maybe earlier than regluar fridays)

for this described period the "prompt could be "jingle bells based " or anything else special to these specific hoilidays.

Everything is planned, that would be great to set this parameter in advanced and to enjoy holidays ourselves !

Partial Holidays

FEATURE REQUEST!

Would be nice to have the ability for partial holidays. Almost all of my clients are closing early on the 23rd of this month. They want to close @ noon and I have no way of setting this. I can train them on how to use the OutofOffice Dial code to force the system Out of Office, but this will not play their Holiday prompt during New years. I am taking vacation and do not want to have to log in remotely to adjust settings while I'm off.

On the Holiday hours screen add an hours options for us to set times of the day for that specified holiday. PLEASE :)

Happy Holidays!

I just spent time with two different customers describing how they will need to remember to go into the console right before they walk out the door at noon and set today (new year's eve) as a holiday. The addition of a time field to the date would be quite useful and was available on our old Telecor PBX.

Different time conditions are crucial for PBX.
Upvote.

Reactions: jeroendebruijn

Upvote.

This goes right along with a private school I am working with. They have 3 different time slots of the day: normal business hours, aftercare hours, and out of office hours. I am struggling how to do this and make it "clean."

By "clean" I mean that the system would know what time of day it was and pick the inbound rule accordingly.

One way around it is to add an option to the out of office hours or the in office hours to contact aftercare and assign them a ring group. The problem is that the system will always be saying, "for aftercare press x." That is potentially confusing to those who are new and don't know specifically the aftercare hours making for unmet expectations.

Am I missing something? I apologize if this is an easy answer. Also, apologize if this is deemed as off topic. I have been majorly wrestling with this need for the school.

Upvote that. We close the office early and would have to close the office with *64 to close it and then remember to go back to the office holidays.

--Tracy

michaelholt said:
One way around it is to add an option to the out of office hours or the in office hours to contact aftercare and assign them a ring group. The problem is that the system will always be saying, "for aftercare press x."
What do you mean by "Aftercare"?

Given the response on this Idea, I'd love to see a comment from 3CX on this issue, as this has been a long-standing issue for 3CX users.

Also we need it. is not possible that the user has to wait a few minutes to enter of leave days if you work half a day.

Bump!

I also would like to be able to set partial day holidays.

And while you revamping the Holiday system also add selection buttons for the holiday to apply to specific extension groups. in the same way that outbound rules can apply to individual groups. I have departments with different holiday schedules. I will start a new request for this if there's not one already.

Agreed. We will close at Noon this Friday. Sometimes we close earlier for other reasons. It would be helpful to assign a message that can be enabled at any time for any period of time.

Regards,

John Schmidt
IT Mgr | Fox Lumber Sales, Inc.
Wholesale Lumber
www.foxlumber.com
[email protected]

c'mon 3CX! :eek:

This thread has become a mix of different feature requests. So it appears there are TWO requests

a. partial holiday - for half days for example. (For Xmas eve, a single day in the whole year, for which you could use the dial code)
b. ability to specify a different prompt for lunch break (cant it be the same prompt playing out of office hours?)

I see request for time rules per DID - to override general office hours, but it already exists in v12.5 onwards.

It would also be very nice to enable a different holiday prompt per DID.

For a customer with different numbers in different countries it is not possible to configure a holiday prompt or timetable per DID / Country.

This would be very welcome and very helpfull!

Most importantly:
* allow a holiday to start at a specific hour (e.g. 16:00) -> that is all the idea is about
* very time consuming currently as it is not possible to do automatically (only full days)

Happy to report this is now in progress for V15!

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantinium
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.