• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Remote Extensions with LAN IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tularis

Reaction score
Hello,

We have a 3CX Hosted PBX in the cloud, so all of our phones are "Remote Extensions".
They have all be setup in STUN Mode.

After replacing a router at one of the sites from a Cisco 800 to a Draytek 2830 the phones now register on the 3cx system with their LAN IP Address...

"3CX Phone System > Phones"

10.0.3.80:53230
10.0.3.82:53054
etc...

External calls in seem to work, but users are unable to transfer calls and the phones do not receive any BLF config.
The only thing that has changed is the router.

The phones at the other site with another Cisco router all show a WAN ip address.

131.113.26.5:42587
131.113.26.5:46873
etc...

3CX v10.0.24018.2322 SP.6
All phones are Grandstream GXP2110 [1.0.3.30]

Any help would be great.

If the sets are actually using STUN, then it sounds as if it's not working the way it should be. The past few versions of 3CX have not (for the most part) required the use STUN in the remote set. It would seem that some setting in the new router is not correct.

Did you have a look at this? http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/draytek-firewall-voip/

Hi,

What you can try is to switch off the router and phones.
Wait a few seconds then switch on the router and wait until it is fully running, then switch on the phones one by one.
Check if the phones are registered with their WAN IP address.

Hello,

Thanks for the information.

One of the first things we did was a controlled reboot.

This is a system we have inherited so I have been doing some digging around.
The phones have been setup with a STUN server of "stun.freespeech.co.uk" and are registering on the LAN IP address.

I did take a look at the draytek setup but as the 3CX server in hosted with a direct WAN IP I didn't think it was relevant.

I have tried using stunserver.org in the STUN config but this didn't make any difference either.

I'm really at a loss here...

HOWEVER: When running the Remote Firewall / NAT Test utility I get this when it tries to do the "Echo Call Back"
[With or Without STUN]

ERROR: Callback test failed. Incoming call from the callback extension has not been received
Possible causes:
1. SIP ALG or a SIP Proxy has been detected between this computer/network and the target 3CX PhoneSystem. This will cause problems.
SIP ALG needs to be disabled or the Proxy needs to be removed/fixed.
Check the firewall's user manual on how to disable any running SIP ALG functionality or contact the firewall's support department.
2. 3CX Phone System might have an incorrect configuration.
Confirm that 3CX Phone System has a public Static IP Address - does not change and Not dynamic - changes.
Confirm that the network interface is correctly configured by accessing the 3CX Management Console > Settings > Network Settings> Stun Server and that the public ip address is correctly entered.
Disable Stun in this case and run the test again.
3. Confirm that you have performed the 3CX Phone System Firewall checker and that the test passes completely.
To do this access the 3CX Management Console and go to General Settings > Firewall Checker > Run Firewall Checker.
4. The firewall of this network from where the 3CX firewall Checker is running is very unreliable and unable to remember port mappings and keep them open.
At this stage it would be best to use 3CX Tunnel, 3CX Session Border Controller or try and switch to TCP Traffic instead of UDP as this will help keep the port mappings open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.