Options   Samsung Galaxy S echo issues

Board index  >  Categories  >  3CXPhone for Android

Samsung Galaxy S echo issues

Samsung Galaxy S echo issues
by pico » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:19 am
Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S mobile and have been trying to get 3CX for android working on it. I have been able to configure it to work with a local 3CX server and seems to work well. The 3CX phone for android seems to be the best voip phone for the android having tested a few of them however I have one issue. The person on the other end of the call receives an echo. There doesn't appear to be an echo on my end (Galaxy S handset). This would seem to indicate an acoustic or software echo originating on my end. I see there are a couple of posts on the forums with similar issues but there doesn't seem to be any solutions yet. Is this a known issue which is being worked on and the majority of users with Galaxy S's experience the same thing? Or do the majority of users have no such issue and I am in the minority with a software/configuration error?

I've tried using the 3CX softphone from a laptop with headset and there are no echos so I'm pretty happy with the server side of things.

Thanks a lot and thanks for the great software.

PS I originally had 2.1 installed but recently upgraded to 2.2 with no improvement.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S echo issues
by pico » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:38 am
What a shame. I just wanted to know about a supposedly supported product.

by LeonidasG » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:36 am
Right now the 3CXPhone for Android has a lot of sound issues that we are working on fixing.
This includes the 3CXPhone for devices such as the Samsung Galaxy S.

by pico » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:12 am
LeonidasG wrote:Right now the 3CXPhone for Android has a lot of sound issues that we are working on fixing.
This includes the 3CXPhone for devices such as the Samsung Galaxy S.

Thanks Leonidas. Sorry for getting a bit frustrated. I couldn't find any info relating to whether it's supposed to work ojn my phone yet or not. is there a status page anywhere?

by LeonidasG » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:30 am
Hi,

No, we do not a provide a status page for such matters.
It's best to regularly check the forums or/and the Android Market for updates.

But when the time does come, you should know it ;P

by tiburonjames » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:23 pm
LeonidasG wrote:Hi,

No, we do not a provide a status page for such matters.
It's best to regularly check the forums or/and the Android Market for updates.

But when the time does come, you should know it ;P

Hi, please I would like to know if you were able to fix this echo issue on Sansung Galaxy S devices?

by pico » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:23 pm
Have given up on trying to get it to work.

by b2b marketer » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:26 am
I just purchased one.
Do not buy this phone! It is very frustrating. I can't talk to customers or anyone - they can't stand it.

by kidlevo49 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:11 am
I have a galaxy and is works fine. Have you tried installing a diferent rom. I use cyanogen and haven't had any problems.