• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Sipgate voicemail 'silent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furry

Reaction score
Hi

I can successfully make outgoing, and receive incoming, calls via sipgate.

However, when I dial '50000' for my sipgate voicemail (with my prefix applied and stripped by the PBX), I just get silence. The calls is shown as going through, in the server log.

If I log my Nokia onto sipgate directly (via WLAN), dialling 50000 works fine.

Might this be a codec issue? Considering it's fine for normal calls, this seems unlikely. Ditto for ports.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Dave.

Hi,

did you fix that until now? I'm having the same problem when 3CX is handling the Audio.
Directly it works, but then I have trouble with a S685IP and a partner with an Auerswald Gateway. So I have to leave the Audio with the PBX.
10005 Test Call works fine, Voicemail doesn't. I'm using the PBX voicemail now but that is not as comfy as sipgate because my S685 doesn't get the information about new messages. (Neither does the GXP 2000, that's strange.)
If YOU don't get any other trouble simply don't let the PBX handle audio, then the voicemail works.

Regards

Heinz

To whoever is interested in this topic.
The reason why Sipgate Voicemail wasn't working in my case was a constellation of a 2Wire ADSL2+ Modem with DMZ+ enabled (transfers public IP directly to the Ethernet port, similar to a cable modem) and a Linksys WRT54g1.1 with DD-WRT firmware. Now it is running on a Speedstream 4200 gateway that connects directly to the Network. The nice features as VPN and Traffic counter are gone, but 3CX and Sipgate Voicemail are working fine in transcoding and bypassing mode.
Proofs that it can work without problems if you have the right modem/router.

teichhei said:
To whoever is interested in this topic.
The reason why Sipgate Voicemail wasn't working in my case was a constellation of a 2Wire ADSL2+ Modem with DMZ+ enabled (transfers public IP directly to the Ethernet port, similar to a cable modem) and a Linksys WRT54g1.1 with DD-WRT firmware. Now it is running on a Speedstream 4200 gateway that connects directly to the Network. The nice features as VPN and Traffic counter are gone, but 3CX and Sipgate Voicemail are working fine in transcoding and bypassing mode.
Proofs that it can work without problems if you have the right modem/router.

Your information just convince me that the source of problem is the "intermediary" between SipGate and 3CX PBX...

Thanks

No, I never did find out the cause of this - I decided to go back to Asterisk instead, using 3CX as a Skype gateway only.

Although it's true that I do use a WRT54GL1.1 with DD-WRT, I use a Linksys modem. DMZ is disabled.

I'm just trying 3CX again (v8), but don't know if I still have this problem because right now I can't even get sipgate to register.

Edit: have managed to get sipgate to register (not sure what the problem was), but I still have the voicemail silent problem. Server activity log states that 'no RTP packets were received'.

Dave.

I can confirm that there is a problem. I bought a brand new SIP ALG Billion router from the upper range with VPN and stuff and now I can't hear the Voicemail anymore. Sipgate by itself runs fine, 10005 as well. Sipgate support says there is no difference except that it is a different server on their end. It simply makes trouble.
In my other post about external extensions I mentioned trouble with RTP traffic from work to home and that trouble persists when I go directly through Sipgate. I can't call home. However I can call any other Sipgate number from work. It's weird. VoIP is so much trouble until you get it all up and running, and then you still can't be sure if you can really call everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.