3CX Logo

To Russia with Love - 3CX Opens New Office in Moscow

October 30, 2014 - 10:25am

3CX Continues its Global Expansion with New Russian Office LONDON UK, MOSCOW RUSSIA, 30 OCTOBER 2014 - 3CX, developer of the award-winning Windows VoIP PBX 3CX Phone System, announces the opening of its new Russian office in Moscow, as part of its global

3CX Logo

3CX Phone System v12.5 Beta Leverages WebRTC

October 21, 2014 - 04:07pm

3CX takes a huge leap forward with the release of 3CX Phone System v12.5 Beta, bringing with it the 3CX WebRTC Gateway. The WebRTC Gateway revolutionizes the way you collaborate & communicate with customers and colleagues, as WebRTC phone calls

3CX PBX • View topic - UK Ringing Tone/Cadence
3CX PBX • View topic - UK Ringing Tone/Cadence

UK Ringing Tone/Cadence

User to User - Answers are provided by the community. 3CX does NOT provide technical support via this forum. Commercial grade support should NOT be expected

Moderator: 3CX staff

UK Ringing Tone/Cadence

Postby mesh » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:39 am

Hello guys,

I'm looking for help changing the ringing tone/cadence on the 3CX phone system to a UK based one as are UK based.

I know the cadence and the format I need to put into the system but I have no idea where to put it. Anyone done this before?
mesh
New User

Re: UK Ringing Tone/Cadence

Postby leejor » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:10 am

It depends on what tones you are referring to. If the tone is one supplied by a SIP device, then the setting is in the device.
leejor
3CX Valued Professional
3CX Valued Professional

Postby mesh » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:19 pm

I'm refering to the tone a caller hears when they ring into the 3CX system. I get an American style cadence no matter what rules I have set (deliver to extension, deliver to digital receptionist etc). So I am assuming it is not supplied by a SIP device but rather the 3CX system?

Example.

08000 365 247 is set to ring ext 801 which is a digital receptionist who answers with a "Welcome to.."

So when I ring from off net (mobile phone) I get <american ring> <american ring> "Welcome to"...

I guess its got to be set somewhere internally on 3CX?
mesh
New User

Postby leejor » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:01 pm

I would have thought that when the UK prompt set was chosen, then the UK type ring-back (or engaged) tone would also be selected. I had a quick search for .wav files (which is the format I would suspect it to be in) on my PC running 3CX but nothing obvious stood out as a possible ring-back tone (without listening to all of them). Perhaps this was something overlooked or there is another more involved way of changing it. I know that when I have been in the UK and phoned various companies, it has not been uncommon to receive a North American ring-back tone while being transferred, so it may not be that unexpected by your callers.

I can understand the desire to change it but how to do that may require an answer from someone at 3CX.
leejor
3CX Valued Professional
3CX Valued Professional

Postby mesh » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:04 pm

leejor wrote:I would have thought that when the UK prompt set was chosen, then the UK type ring-back (or engaged) tone would also be selected.

Thanks for the reply. Where is this setting you mention? I don't recall seeing anything like that
mesh
New User

Postby mesh » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:38 am

Found the prompt set, still American ring tone :(
mesh
New User

Return to 3CX Phone System - General