Options   UK Ringing Tone/Cadence

Board index  >  Categories  >  3CX Phone System - General

UK Ringing Tone/Cadence

UK Ringing Tone/Cadence
by mesh » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:39 am
Hello guys,

I'm looking for help changing the ringing tone/cadence on the 3CX phone system to a UK based one as are UK based.

I know the cadence and the format I need to put into the system but I have no idea where to put it. Anyone done this before?

Re: UK Ringing Tone/Cadence
by leejor » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:10 am
It depends on what tones you are referring to. If the tone is one supplied by a SIP device, then the setting is in the device.

by mesh » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:19 pm
I'm refering to the tone a caller hears when they ring into the 3CX system. I get an American style cadence no matter what rules I have set (deliver to extension, deliver to digital receptionist etc). So I am assuming it is not supplied by a SIP device but rather the 3CX system?

Example.

08000 365 247 is set to ring ext 801 which is a digital receptionist who answers with a "Welcome to.."

So when I ring from off net (mobile phone) I get <american ring> <american ring> "Welcome to"...

I guess its got to be set somewhere internally on 3CX?

by leejor » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:01 pm
I would have thought that when the UK prompt set was chosen, then the UK type ring-back (or engaged) tone would also be selected. I had a quick search for .wav files (which is the format I would suspect it to be in) on my PC running 3CX but nothing obvious stood out as a possible ring-back tone (without listening to all of them). Perhaps this was something overlooked or there is another more involved way of changing it. I know that when I have been in the UK and phoned various companies, it has not been uncommon to receive a North American ring-back tone while being transferred, so it may not be that unexpected by your callers.

I can understand the desire to change it but how to do that may require an answer from someone at 3CX.

by mesh » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:04 pm
leejor wrote:I would have thought that when the UK prompt set was chosen, then the UK type ring-back (or engaged) tone would also be selected.

Thanks for the reply. Where is this setting you mention? I don't recall seeing anything like that

by mesh » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:38 am
Found the prompt set, still American ring tone :(