3CX Phone System 12.5 Click-to-Call

3CX Phone System 12.5 Leverages WebRTC Technology for Website Click-to-Call & Video Calling

January 15, 2015 - 11:04am

LONDON UK 15 JANUARY 2015 - 3CX, developer of the award-winning Windows VoIP PBX 3CX Phone System, today announced the launch of 3CX Phone System 12.5. The latest version of 3CX Phone System leverages WebRTC technology to offer click-to-call and video

3CX-Cover-160x105

Brush up your Knowledge of 3CX Phone System for 2015 with our New Webcasts

January 09, 2015 - 06:44pm

Brush up your knowledge of 3CX Phone System for 2015 with our new series of webcasts. These free training sessions are hosted by 3CX and will cover a range of topics including: firewalls and ports, and outbound and inbound rules. To join a webcast click

3CX PBX • View topic - UK Ringing Tone/Cadence
3CX PBX • View topic - UK Ringing Tone/Cadence

UK Ringing Tone/Cadence

User to User - Answers are provided by the community. 3CX does NOT provide technical support via this forum. Commercial grade support should NOT be expected

Moderator: 3CX staff

UK Ringing Tone/Cadence

Postby mesh » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:39 am

Hello guys,

I'm looking for help changing the ringing tone/cadence on the 3CX phone system to a UK based one as are UK based.

I know the cadence and the format I need to put into the system but I have no idea where to put it. Anyone done this before?
mesh
New User

Re: UK Ringing Tone/Cadence

Postby leejor » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:10 am

It depends on what tones you are referring to. If the tone is one supplied by a SIP device, then the setting is in the device.
leejor
3CX Valued Professional
3CX Valued Professional

Postby mesh » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:19 pm

I'm refering to the tone a caller hears when they ring into the 3CX system. I get an American style cadence no matter what rules I have set (deliver to extension, deliver to digital receptionist etc). So I am assuming it is not supplied by a SIP device but rather the 3CX system?

Example.

08000 365 247 is set to ring ext 801 which is a digital receptionist who answers with a "Welcome to.."

So when I ring from off net (mobile phone) I get <american ring> <american ring> "Welcome to"...

I guess its got to be set somewhere internally on 3CX?
mesh
New User

Postby leejor » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:01 pm

I would have thought that when the UK prompt set was chosen, then the UK type ring-back (or engaged) tone would also be selected. I had a quick search for .wav files (which is the format I would suspect it to be in) on my PC running 3CX but nothing obvious stood out as a possible ring-back tone (without listening to all of them). Perhaps this was something overlooked or there is another more involved way of changing it. I know that when I have been in the UK and phoned various companies, it has not been uncommon to receive a North American ring-back tone while being transferred, so it may not be that unexpected by your callers.

I can understand the desire to change it but how to do that may require an answer from someone at 3CX.
leejor
3CX Valued Professional
3CX Valued Professional

Postby mesh » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:04 pm

leejor wrote:I would have thought that when the UK prompt set was chosen, then the UK type ring-back (or engaged) tone would also be selected.

Thanks for the reply. Where is this setting you mention? I don't recall seeing anything like that
mesh
New User

Postby mesh » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:38 am

Found the prompt set, still American ring tone :(
mesh
New User

Return to 3CX Phone System - General