3CX Logo

To Russia with Love - 3CX Opens New Office in Moscow

October 30, 2014 - 10:25am

3CX Continues its Global Expansion with New Russian Office LONDON UK, MOSCOW RUSSIA, 30 OCTOBER 2014 - 3CX, developer of the award-winning Windows VoIP PBX 3CX Phone System, announces the opening of its new Russian office in Moscow, as part of its global

3CX Logo

3CX Phone System v12.5 Beta Leverages WebRTC

October 21, 2014 - 04:07pm

3CX takes a huge leap forward with the release of 3CX Phone System v12.5 Beta, bringing with it the 3CX WebRTC Gateway. The WebRTC Gateway revolutionizes the way you collaborate & communicate with customers and colleagues, as WebRTC phone calls

3CX PBX • View topic - Skype and 3CX
3CX PBX • View topic - Skype and 3CX

Skype and 3CX

User to User - Answers are provided by the community. 3CX does NOT provide technical support via this forum. Commercial grade support should NOT be expected

Moderator: 3CX staff

Skype and 3CX

Postby PCTurnkey » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:03 pm

Skype connect seems to be WAY to pricey. Is there a way I can use my personal account, or setup the company's account to use Skype as the VoIP provider and have it just pull from Skype credit when routing outbound calls?

I've seen some Russian, 3rd party software that will connect Skype to 3CX, but I wanted to know if there is a straightforward way to do it.

Thanks
PCTurnkey
New User

Re: Skype and 3CX

Postby leejor » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:18 am

Not being one that uses a pay service with Skype, I'm not sure how that all works (what you can, and can't do).

However, you can connect to the "free" Skype (non-SIP) service using the 3CX Skype Gateway. I don't believe that it is "officially" supported any longer, but as long as you use an older version of Skype (see...http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/skype.html ), then you should have no problem.

After you install Skype be sure to disable any automatic version updates.
leejor
3CX Valued Professional
3CX Valued Professional

Re: Skype and 3CX

Postby jeinstei » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:43 am

Excellent answer. If you want to do it yourself with a bit more work, siptosis gateway can be configured on any machine to provide a generic skype interface. It acts pretty much the same, but not as easy to use/install.
jeinstei
New User

Return to 3CX Phone System - General