• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V14SP2 - ODBC Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futureweb

Customer
Reaction score
Hi,

may I ask why 3CX is doing the ODBC Query only after Phone Pick-Up?
Wouldn't it make sense to do the ODBC Query as soon the Call reaches 3CX?
As the ODBC Query typically only takes about 0,00x Seconds - it wouldn't add any noticeable delay to the Call ...

Thx
Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

I think there was discussion about this when the feature came out. What was said back then was, that yes, in most of the setups the DB is somewhere local with a moderate amount of entries so indeed, it only takes 0.000x seconds.

But what happens if someone add a DB that has all the enormous amount of entries and is not local? I can't exactly remember the details, but there is no reliable way to ensure that a response will come and not knowing how long it will take would cause problems to other aspects of the software,

For that reason it was decided to work this way.

alright - this makes sense to me ...
Altough one could have worked with (configureable?) Timeout ... if response from ODBC comes within 0,00x Seconds - use it - otherwise finish the Call without Information from ODBC and do it like it is working right now ... :)

Andreas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.