• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V14 SP2 Presence showing disconnected outside of LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakley

Customer
Reaction score
I am using system 14 with Android version 3cx phone v14.0.50. The 3cx system is 3cx system is Version 14 Service Pack 2 Build 47020.408
When the android phone is connected to the office WiFi the presence info is showing but outside of the lan it always shows connecting or disconnected. The Android is on hook outside the lan so calls in and out work fine.
I have the following ports open on my office fw
tcp-udp/5060-5061, tcp-udp/5090, udp/9000-9049
I have also tried adding tcp-udp/80, tcp-udp/5000-5001
Nothing helps, the presence info is still not working. I also tried switching the server windows fire wall off and that did not help
Device Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Phone Model: Samsung GTI9505
Firmware Version: 5.0.1

Issue Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Handset: [Phone|Heatphone with MIC|BT]
Contacts: [Local|Exchange|Google]
Connection: [WiFi|3G]
Server: internal

Any help would be appreciated

You are connecting, outside of the LAN, in what manner...Mobile data, or Wifi?. Have you tried both to see if there is a difference?

Connection is using GSM data network and not WiFi outside of the LAN

If you tried it from a remote Wifi hotspot (your home router?), and it still failed, then, at least it would eliminate the GSM data network as the problem and allow you to narrow down the solution.

Presence information uses a HTTPS link. I read your initial post and did not see 443 being mentioned anywhere. Which ports did you use during the setup procedure for HTTP and HTTPS?

I have enabled http and https on the fire wall and still no presence if on the android phone

Try opening the Provisioning File you used to provision the 3CX Phone app with a text editor, and find the line towards the end of the file that starts with the tag <MyPhoneServerPublicSSLAddr>, the URL found there, if you put it into a browser externally will it show something?

If you have provisioned the 3CX Phone app with that Prov File, that is where it is trying to retrieve the Presence information from...

I found that the system settings can be changed in the server manager in troubleshooting/parameters. I changed all the external parameters to the correct external ip and opened ports 5000 and 5001 on the firewall. I then sent the welcome emails again and all the devices are now working!
Thanks for your help as looking thru the welcome email in a text editor showed where the issue was :)

Glad the issue was addressed. :)

Locking Topic as it was resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.