• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Make "missed calls" more intelligent

Lev

Customer
Reaction score
In my daily worklife i frequently experience missed calls", which are not acutally missed.
It is then hard to differ between calls, that i should call back or not. Often i end up with a customer on the other end, that had his Problem already solved with one of my co-workers (but then, sometimes, they still cost me a few minutes, because some people just like to talk much... :roll: )

From my experience those "false positives" are often created by calls:
- that are successfully forwarded (to my gsm)
- which where successfully picked up after x tries
- which where hanged up after 1-2 seconds ("not serious call")
- which where picked up by a co-worker after the customer tried another extension

Solution(s):
1. Make successfully connected forwarded calls not a missed call.
Forwarded calls, which where not connected, should, of course, still be shown as "missed".

2. Gather missed calls from the same number and just add a number count to it, at least when they happen within a specific amount of time (e.g. 15 minutes).

3. While within this "retry threshold", retried calls (even when customers try another extension) should be marked as "dealt with" (or be deleted from missed calls), if they successfully connect.

Upvote 67
i posted a similar post to this.
will be up-voting as the "missed calls" when they're not actually missed is annoying......

+1 Vote

This seems to obvious to be a problem, surely there is a workaround?

How will staff know if the call was actually for them?

I agree. Specially for Ring Groups it would be nice to know who get the call.

I agree, we have had to use call queues to get around this problem, it would be nice is missed calls did not come from ring groups.

Absolutely: it would be good to be able to disable the missed call in case it is coming from a ring group or a redirection.

Use case: A call is redirected to a ring group in case of an "not responding" from a particular extension. There should be an option to ingore this.

This is also a problem when using the client and your deskphone. If a call is answered on your deskphone missed call shows on your 3cx client app for your smart phone and vice versa.

This is also a problem when using the client and your deskphone. If a call is answered on your deskphone missed call shows on your 3cx client app for your smart phone and vice versa.

not on the latest version....

not on the latest version....
Nick,

The call no longer shows a missed call on the desk phone if the call is picked up on the 3cx client. However, if you answer on the handset, the missed call notification still appears on the client application on your mobile device. The desktop client does not have this same behavior even if using in softphone mode.

Current version being used is ver.15.2.4.122 *** on iOS Client***

Using 3cx v15 SP4 15.0.60903.0 ***

Last edited:
Calls moving from one queue to another still show as abandoned. This is same call so should not show as abandoned.

Missed call email notifications are not sent for Ring Group calls that are answered by another member if using the Ringall strategy. That the IP Phone shows it potentially as a missed call is something thats inherent in the design of SIP.

Last edited:
Nick,

Can we expect improvement on "abandoned" calls management?
Many of my customers ask to improve queue missed calls management.
Most popular requests:
1. Group missed calls at least during same day;
2. If customer was serviced after retrial call, previous calls should be marked as "dealt with"
3. If agent redials to missed call and there were multiple missed call records, all should be marked as "dealt with"

Please let our customers to be more happy with 3CX and we will sell more :)

Last edited:
We just switched from an alcatel system to the 3cx. The group and "missed call" functions were much better

Example: Caller A -> User B -> Group C -> End of call
  • If user B don’t answers the call (or line busy), the call goes to group C, but everybody in this group would see that the original destination was user B
  • Only user B gets a "missing call" if nobody answers.
  • Caller A sees that the call was redirected from B to group C
It would be nice if some of the faetures could be implemented in 3cx

+1

Caller -> Ext -> Auto Forwards to GSM -?> answered = not abandoned.

Currently it is showing abandoned and missed call email will be triggered if you enable it.

How about an option to Filter missed calls?
and an option to only see the missed queue calls, for the queues you are logged in to, not all the queues you are a member off.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.