• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

"Invalid input. Please try again" even when it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

flaviost

Reaction score
My system usually give this message when the client try to dial a number after the attendant. :?
I made a test and I got this message too :shock: Even the number was correct I retry 3 time and them it works. I change the phone too and the same thing happens.

So I would like to know if it is usual to happens and how I could solve this problem. I afraid that could be because so many thing is runing in my machine, so I will add more memory :idea: in my computer.
Any one know how to solve and if let my machine powerfull could solve this problem?

Thanks

Hi flaviost,

This prompt should be from DR. It seems the DTMF issue. Please let us know your existing hardware configuration and 3CX version in use.

Hi 5qg4. Yes it is from the DR and looks the DTMF issue, that is why I changed the handset phone and the phone line that I use to make test.

Good question...where I found the version? :shock: Only in the manual I found 3.0 RC2 but it is only the manual

Any way I download it last week from download.com I think :?

The hardware is easy.
It is a really small machine: Celeron 2,26GHz with 256MB Ram using a XP Home edition 2002 with service pack 2. Don't call me crazy.
I use cable DHCP 2M

Re: "Invalid input. Please try again" even when it

flaviost said:
My system usually give this message when the client try to dial a number after the attendant. :?
I made a test and I got this message too :shock: Even the number was correct I retry 3 time and them it works. I change the phone too and the same thing happens.

So I would like to know if it is usual to happens and how I could solve this problem. I afraid that could be because so many thing is runing in my machine, so I will add more memory :idea: in my computer.
Any one know how to solve and if let my machine powerfull could solve this problem?

Thanks

1. Where from call comes to PBX? (PSTN model? VoIP provider?)
2. Which type of codec is in use for this call?
3. Which delivery method is used for DTMF?

Thanks

Thanks you sy....

1) The test that I made it come by voip provider but I made a test direct from a internal extension with an ATA so is almost inside the 3CX :) Tomorrow I can do a test from a PSTN, I only have voip lines in my office and home :)

2) the codec that I could check (from my ATA, the internal extansion) is g711Alaw64

3) delivery method :?: :?: :?: I simple dial in the phone. I didn't understand this question.

opsss I use a softphone too the X-lite but it is in a external extensions

Is it helps??

On the ATA you should have delivery method for DTMF

eg RTP RFC 2833 or Inband/Inaudio or SIP INFO

I suggest you ask your provider what they support and then configure your devices accordingly so that they detect the DTMF and you don't get this problem anymore.

On Xlite unfortunately I didn't find any configuration option where DTMF is specified to be able to change it. So if you are going to forward incoming call from Provider to a device make sure that is a device that you can configure DTMF delivery method ( i am sure the ATA has this option) and make sure this is the way that the provider supports.

Hi Costas. Thanks.

I understand what you talk and really the ATA has this configuration, but I got this message from different places, not only from my ATA and soem times the system accept the input digit and some time no.
So in my mind the problem wasn't in the ATA or other inbound calling but in the system.
Is impossible ask all my clients or unknowing new clients to set up their "phones" to works in my system.
Any way do you know where I can setup it in the 3CX or what is the accept method for DTMF in the 3CX?

The DTMF method of my ATA is RFC_2833
I found the version that Sy ask. (v3.0.1699.0)

Other thing that happens is that some times (not always) the system answer the call but take around 5 to 8 seconds to begin the message of the first DR. And this time is really big, enought for my client hang-up. That is why I thought that it is from my computer. I don't want mix the topics so maybe I will open a new one with this trouble if I don't get an answer here. But maybe it has some relation.

Thanks

flaviost said:

I found the version that Sy ask. (v3.0.1699.0)

Do you use 1699 build of the 3CX PBX :?:

Well, this is the one that I download. I really don't know what is 1699.

I only found these informations today before I login the system and because you ask I copy and paste from the screen.

Why???? It is beta test, it is not the last version????

How can I check better it?

Thanks

flaviost said:
Well, this is the one that I download. I really don't know what is 1699.

I only found these informations today before I login the system and because you ask I copy and paste from the screen.

Why???? It is beta test, it is not the last version????

How can I check better it?

Thanks

Sorry, I didn't catch what's wrong with "beta test", as well as "it is not the last version????" and "How can I check better it?"...

All information on http://www.3cx.com.

Regards

Opsss. I really think that I am a little delay. In the website it is in the v 3.1

I hope that it solve my problem.

I only need know if I will lose all my past working when I reinstall the new version.

I will try make a back up first, but any way it is only to know what is the better thing to do.

Just so that you know, latest version is 2434. This version you are referring to is at least 4 months old. So I suggest that you download the latest version which has several fixes, some are partly related to certain issues.

Try to keep up :D

flaviost said:
I only need know if I will lose all my past working when I reinstall the new version.

I am afraid that you might indeed have some problems if you backup and restore from such an old version. If I am not mistaken there were some issue.

I suggest you create a clean install to avoid unnecessary trouble

regards

I Again..Should I un-install the older version or could keep it and the system will only up-date?

OK. Costas.....I think that you answer my last question...I will un-install and begin from the ZERO.

flaviost said:
Opsss. I really think that I am a little delay. In the website it is in the v 3.1

I hope that it solve my problem.

I will try make a back up first, but any way it is only to know what is the better thing to do.

It depends how much had done. If you backup "Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem" folder it will be enough to restore everything but please make separate backup of database.

Hopefully, you will not get any problems :)

Costas is right, it is better to backup then uninstall then install everything from scratch and then restore backup (don't replace files from saved folder! ;) )

Regards

Nothing better than have a perfect support and good persons to assist you with good felling.

IT IS WORKING....VERY VERY GOOD....GREAT... :D :D :D .

Sure that I made few tests but was enought to check the big difference.

Really thanks for you Sy and Costa.

Now I only will hope that my request for the future features will be put in the line of the development. :D

Perfect suport and great job. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.