• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail integration using Exchange Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffhth

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success getting the Exchange 2007/2010 UM integration feature to work against a hosted Exchange provider?

I'm testing with the Exchange Online component of Office 365 by adapting the steps described here: http://www.3cx.com/blog/featured/exchange-server-2007-2010/. I was able to find a way to perform each step. I'd be happy to post in detail what I did if anyone thinks it would be useful.

When I dial the voicemail number from an internal extension though the call just disconnects and I get the following in the logs:

11:44:28.014 [CM503003]: Call(14): Call to sip:[email protected]:5060 has failed; Cause: 503 Service Unavailable; warning: ; internal

Any ideas / tips? Does anyone know if this is even possible or have a specific reason why it may not be?

Thanks
JYH

Jeff,

I do not have an answer to your question but I would be interested in seeing the steps/settings you performed. I have yet to get office 365 to work with my 3cx and I would be keen to do so.

Hey Jeff,
If you are following the blog, the first thing that is going to be a problem is that Office 365 requires TLS so the VoIP security settings needs to be 'secured'.

Haven't setup 3CX yet but I've done an Asterisk -> Office 365 setup

A solution to this issue would be greatly appreciated from the 3CX development team since more and more of us are moving our exchange solutions out to the cloud.

My friend is learning Exchange Online. I want to know about Google Apps, Microsoft 247 and cloud based providers will provide similar growth opportunities as it used to do?

I've found you can do pretty much anything with Exchange online that you can do with an on premise Exchange, it just takes a lot of digging to find out how. Have a look at this link http://help.outlook.com/140/Gg702677.aspx you will need to be on an Exchange level 2 plan or Office E3 to access UM.
Don't forget to configure your connectors in exchange or nothing will make it through Forefront Security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.