• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

VoIP Provider error 415 Unsupported Media type

Status
Not open for further replies.

efthimis

Reaction score
Hello,
I am trying to register a new VoIP provider on my 3CX system. It registering ok and i am able to make a call but when i answer it i have no sound. On the logs it writes, 'No RTP packet were received'.
On my try to debug this problem i found from the wireshark that when my 3CX registered with VoIP provider it shows 2 error '415 Unsupported media type' after 2 NOTIFY message ( i don't know if there is a connection with NOTIFY messages and 415 error).
What can i do in order to solve this problem?
Thanks.

One of you is probably trying to use a Codec that is not supported by the other end. Ask your provider which Codec(s) they support, and be sure that it/they, is/are. in the list, for that trunk, in the 3CX settings,

You might also want to run the 3CX Firewall Checker to be sure that all required ports are open. If other providers are working then this probably won't be necessary, but can't hurt.

Hello,
Thanks for the reply. They support g711u. I tried to use it but again i have no sound. I register this VoIP provider directly on a SIP phone with g711u and it works. So i suppose that this is a problem with 3CX. Also, i run a Firewall Check and all necessary ports are open.

So...you received no errors for the Firewall Checker? Are you running any sort of Firewall Programme on the server? If so, you may want to try disabling it temporarily, just as a test.

It may also be your router, or at least a setting on it. What make/model are you using. Some do not "play" well with SIP and require some tweaking. When you tried a SIP phone, was it behind the same router?

In the end...the error message about unsupported media, does seem to indicate some sort of Codec issue. This may be that when a Codec was being negotiated at registration, there was no reply from one end.

Hello,

My 3CX software is actually installed on a VM so yes in some way my SIP phone and my 3CX are behind the same router. I tried to disable the firewall but the problem still persists. Also, on my 3CX i have many other VoIP providers which work well.

The 'Unsupported Media' error is only for codec negotiation. If so at which point is this negotiation takes part in order to check it with wireshark?

efthimis said:
The 'Unsupported Media' error is only for codec negotiation. If so at which point is this negotiation takes part in order to check it with wireshark?

That is my understanding. Codec negotiation/selection should happen during registration and would be a good starting point if you are going to use Wireshark, which may point to exactly what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.