3CX Logo

3CX Phone System v12.5 Beta Leverages WebRTC

October 21, 2014 - 04:07pm

3CX takes a huge leap forward with the release of 3CX Phone System v12.5 Beta, bringing with it the 3CX WebRTC Gateway. The WebRTC Gateway revolutionizes the way you collaborate & communicate with customers and colleagues, as WebRTC phone calls

3CX's web meeting platform, 3CX WebMeeting, is offered at a discounted price of 30% until the end of December 2014

Calling all 3CX Partners: Create Your Own Profile Page on 3CX.com

October 15, 2014 - 01:03pm

At 3CX we strive to give our partners the best possible opportunities to increase their revenue and boost their business. We will therefore shortly be providing 3CX Partners with their very own dedicated profile page on our website. Bringing Business

3CX PBX • View topic - VOIP trouble
3CX PBX • View topic - VOIP trouble

VOIP trouble

User to User - Answers are provided by the community. 3CX does NOT provide technical support via this forum. Commercial grade support should NOT be expected

Moderator: 3CX staff

VOIP trouble

Postby mylove4life » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:28 am

Hi guys, I am having trouble with my VOIP provider and the internet. I have Comcast and their highest price cable modem and I still have trouble with it breaking up and sometimes it will just downright not work. I have tracked the problem to just the internet itself.

My question is, is there anyone using Comcast's business telephone lines? And what would you guys recommend for hardware to connect them into the 3cx phone system.

Thanks
mylove4life
Expert
Expert

Re: VOIP trouble

Postby willow » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:06 am

I have alot of customers on Comcast business lines using everything from a grand stream ht503 to sangoma cards. I oerfer the sangoma cards because f the all in one appeal but they are more pricey then grand stream.
Sip Trunks, Consulting, Managed Services
Willow Telecomm
(724) 427-5952
http://www.willowtelecomm.com
willow
3CX Valued Professional
3CX Valued Professional

Postby mylove4life » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:17 am

Is there a sangoma card you like that best?
mylove4life
Expert
Expert

Postby jpillow » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:53 am

Have you not used VoIP Gateways? I have two csutomer using Comcast voice lines and Patton Gateways no problems whatsoever. The only reason I'd go with Patton over the Grandstream is the support, Patton support is head over heels on Grandstream when it comes to support and just a better product (also alot pricier) On a side note I use a Comcast provided router at my home I used when demoing 3cx a N150 and the call quality was fine however I was using a Cisco Catalys 1950Switch that does provide QoS that was only like $25 used.
3cx Advanced Certified
3cx Premium Partner
jpillow
3CX Valued Professional
3CX Valued Professional

Postby mylove4life » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:42 pm

jpillow wrote:Have you not used VoIP Gateways? I have two csutomer using Comcast voice lines and Patton Gateways no problems whatsoever. The only reason I'd go with Patton over the Grandstream is the support, Patton support is head over heels on Grandstream when it comes to support and just a better product (also alot pricier) On a side note I use a Comcast provided router at my home I used when demoing 3cx a N150 and the call quality was fine however I was using a Cisco Catalys 1950Switch that does provide QoS that was only like $25 used.

Nope, never used one. But it looks like I will have to go that route to get the call level to what it needs to be.
mylove4life
Expert
Expert

Postby jpillow » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:14 am

I would defiitely go that route if first just upgrading your bandwidth doesnt work, no need to buy an entirely new piece of hardware and upgrade to a more expensive service if adding additional bandwidth will get the job done. If your current ISP has a higher bandwidth package give it a try before going the other route. Let me know what happens, thanks!
3cx Advanced Certified
3cx Premium Partner
jpillow
3CX Valued Professional
3CX Valued Professional

Postby mylove4life » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:43 am

I would do so, but I have a 30Meg up/down Bus class Comcast cable modem. The problem is just the internet hops that the system needs to get to the VOIP provider.

jpillow wrote:I would defiitely go that route if first just upgrading your bandwidth doesnt work, no need to buy an entirely new piece of hardware and upgrade to a more expensive service if adding additional bandwidth will get the job done. If your current ISP has a higher bandwidth package give it a try before going the other route. Let me know what happens, thanks!
mylove4life
Expert
Expert

Postby jpillow » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:17 am

If the problem is the amount of hops to the VoIP provider it sounds like you may want to go with a hardline. Its a bit more but at the end of the day if it eliminates your voice issues its definitely worth the cost.
3cx Advanced Certified
3cx Premium Partner
jpillow
3CX Valued Professional
3CX Valued Professional

Return to 3CX Phone System - General