Although 3CX recommends buying via a partner and obtaining support via a 3CX Partner, we do have support packages available for customers that can not find a suitable partner in their area. Support is available via email and phone and includes the following:
- Help on configuring 3CX Phone System and questions in relation to its operation.
- Troubleshooting of external extensions and bridges USING 3CX STANDARD PROVISIONED TEMPLATE.
- Help with configuration of supported phones and VoIP Providers.
- Troubleshooting of supported gateways in 3CX Phone System with STANDARD TEMPLATED CONFIGURATION.
- Analysis of SIP logs in case of interoperability issues (Only for supported VoIP providers, IP Phones or Gateways).
- In the case of unsupported VoIP Providers, we will check that 3CX Phone System can be used with a VoIP provider.
- Remote installation of 3CX Phone System.
- Support for unsupported SIP Phones, Headsets or Gateways.
- Support for IP Phones that are not configured using the 3CX Provisioning templates.
- Support for VoIP Gateways that are not configured using the 3CX Provisioning templates.
- Support for IP Phones or VoIP Gateways that are not running the recommended firmware.
- Help in configuring your firewall to route VoIP packets correctly. You need to know how to configure your firewall correctly.
- Configuration of options in phones beyond the provisioned templates.
- You must be running the latest version of 3CX or the one before the latest on the latest Service Pack.
- Troubleshooting unsupported VoIP Providers or performing interop tests with unsupported VoIP providers.
These items involve 3rd party products and networks outside of the control of 3CX and support may only be available via Best Effort Professional Service Fees at an hourly rate. Pricing for our support packages and how to buy them can be found here.
FAQ’s in Relation to Our Support Services
- Why do you not provide evaluation support?
Installation and configuration of a complete VoIP Phone System takes time, and its not possible for this to be done prior to purchase of the relevant support services. Keep in mind that 3CX Phone System can not be compared to a simple office package, say a drawing program, which is easily installed and supported. 3CX Phone System is a complex program that has to work together with phone hardware, VoIP providers and Gateways. This configuration support costs time and therefore can not be given free of charge.
- Why do you recommend particular VoIP Providers?
We have no particular preference of VoIP Providers, however we have partnered up with leading VoIP Providers in order to ensure interoperability. These providers have pledged support for our product as well as given us a test account in order that we can test each of our builds against the VoIP Providers. Unfortunately not all VoIP Providers stick to the RFC standard and therefore its not possible to guarantee interoperability with all VoIP Providers. We actively look for VoIP Providers that are ready to partner with us.
- Why do you recommend particular IP Phones and Gateways?
3CX invests a lot of time to make deploying and managing popular phones and gateways very easy. This involves a lot of work in terms of testing, liaising with 3rd party vendors, template development, ongoing testing of new firmwares and training of our testing, development and support teams. Obviously it is not possible to do this for all vendors and we will select popular vendors based on product feature sets, pricing, availability as well as the vendors support time and willingness to work with our team.
- I would like to have a unsupported VoIP Provider tested by 3CX. Is that possible?
Yes, you can commission a VoIP Provider interop test. Please note that the VoIP Provider must complete the interop form and pay $1995 for the test to be done. The interop request can be made here