3. Installing 3CX Cloud Server
3CX Cloud Server setup needs to be run for each tenant you wish to install. The installation procedure for the first tenant is slightly different from the installation procedure for other tenants as certain settings for the whole Cloud Server are configured.
Installing the first tenant
- Download 3CX Phone System Cloud Server edition from here: http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneSystemCloudServer12.exe
- Once the download is completed double click the setup file to launch setup.
- You will be prompted to enter the name for the first tenant. The first tenant name should ideally be the name of the company or branch office that you’re hosting. The Tenant name cannot be empty or longer than 20 characters and can only consist of lowercase letters and numbers, without spaces or any other special characters. In this case we will name the tenant ‘t1’. Press Next when you input the tenant name to proceed.
- The 3CX Phone System Cloud Server System Requirements will be displayed, please make sure that you read them and that your system configuration complies with them. Select Next to continue and press Next again in the next screen after you read the last part of System Requirements.
- Read the End User Licence Agreement , accept the terms and continue the setup.
- The Installation Folder dialog will be displayed for the first tenant. This will contain the Tenant name in the Application Folder Path. This cannot be changed.
- Type in your Company Name (we used Cloud Services in the example) and insert your external FQDN in the appropriate field. Also fill in the Certificate password that will be used for HTTPS. 3CX Cloud Server Setup will automatically generate self signed certificates using Open SSL.
- Select Next when done and press Install at the next screen to begin the file installation.
- Once setup is complete, the 3CX Wizard dialog will come up. Select your language and click Next to proceed.
- You will then be prompted to enter the credentials for the super administrator. The Super administrator will have access to the management consoles of ALL tenants installed on the server. Type in the Username that you want and a Password.
- From this point onwards, everything is the same as a normal 3CX Phone System installation. You will be prompted to choose whether you want to restore a backup or install a new PBX. You will also be asked for the tenant’s admin username and password. This is to access the individual tenant’s management console and should not be confused with the Sysadmin credentials. After the installation wizard is complete, the 3CX Management Console web interface will come up. Note how the https URL link is created to access the console.