Important note: Consult the list of of phones and their minimum supported firmware versions. Any phones that do not have the minimum supported firmware version installed will need to be manually updated. Click on the firmware version to download the split firmware files.
- Polycom SPIP320 - FW 3.3.5
- Polycom SPIP330 - FW 3.3.5
- Polycom SPIP321 – FW 4.0.7
- Polycom SPIP331 – FW 4.0.7
- Polycom SPIP335 – FW 4.0.7
This provisioning guide has been tested with the Polycom SoundPoint 320, 321, 330, 331, 335 IP phone series. We’ve based this Polycom SoundPoint provisioning guide on the SIP firmware 4.0.7 and we recommend that you follow this guide using a new Polycom SoundPoint 320, 321, 330, 331, 335 IP phone at the very least one that’s been reset to its factory defaults before upgrading it to the latest firmware. Please note that different firmware revisions may have different web interface formats and functionality.
Check out the Polycom SoundPoint 450, 550, 560, 650, 670 provisioning guides and the Polycom SoundStation 5000, 6000, 7000 IP conference phone series provisioning guides. Alternatively, take a look at the manual configuration guides for the Polycom SoundPoint and the Polycom SoundStation series.
Before provisioning the Polycom SoundPoint phones with the latest 3CX template, do the following:
- Go to the 3CX Phone System provisioning folder and delete all previous Polycom configuration files. The configuration file structure has changed and the Polycom SoundPoint 320, 321, 330, 331, 335 phones will not provision correctly if the older files are stored in that directory.
- Delete all sip.cfg and 000000000000.cfg files.
The easiest way to set up a Polycom SoundPoint 320, 321, 330, 331, 335 IP phone for use with 3CX Phone System is to use the built-in provisioning functionality within 3CX Phone System. This will allow the phone to configure itself by retrieving a 3CX -generated phone configuration file. To fully take advantage of this, configure your DHCP Server so that it lets your Polycom SoundPoint phone know where it can retrieve its configuration file.
Step 1: Provisioning a Polycom SoundPoint 320, 321, 330, 331 or 335
- Select the extension you want to provision and go to the Phone Provisioning tab
- In the MAC Address field, enter the phone’s 12-character MAC address. This information is normally printed on the back of the Polycom SoundPoint 320, 321, 330, 331, 335 IP phone
- In the Model field, select the model number of the Polycom SoundPoint phone you want to provision
- The display language for Polycom phones can’t be changed unfortunately, therefore the default language, English, is applied
- Select the IP address that your Polycom SoundPoint IP phone will use to connect to the 3CX Phone System machine using the Select Interface drop down. Skip this step if you’ve only got one network card in your 3CX Phone System machine
- BLF function keys can’t be configured on the Polycom SoundPoint 320, 321, 330, 331, 335 IP phones
- Click on the OK button at the bottom of the page to create the configuration files. These will now be created in the provisioning folder in 3CX Phone System
Step 2: Retrieving the Polycom SoundPoint 320, 321, 330, 331, 335 Configuration Files
We’ve now got to tell the Polycom SoundPoint phone to download the configuration files from the central server. This has to be done using a DHCP reservation and setting Option 66. It’s not possible to specify the provisioning path manually for the Polycom SoundPoint 320, 321, 330, 331, 335 IP phones. For more information on how to configure Option 66 for your Polycom SoundPoint phones, check out this guide which shows you how to configure your DHCP server using Option 66.
Please note that when Option 66 is set up, Polycom SoundPoint IP phones will expect to retrieve all necessary files from the string specified in Option 66. For instance, if your Option 66 string is configured to the following (see below), the Polycom phone will browse the provisioning folder and will check if there are any available firmware updates – ‘bootrom.ld’ and ‘sip.ld’ before requesting for the configuration files. Therefore, it’s important that you download and extract the Bootrom and the SIP firmware into the provisioning folder. Step 3 delves deeper into the configuration options.
- ‘http://10.172.0.15:5000/provisioning‘ ( for 3CX Phone System 11) or
- ‘http://10.172.0.15:5000/provisioning/%%ProvSubDir%%‘ (for 3CX Phone System 12),
Note: “%%ProvSubDir%%” is a randomly generated alphanumeric string which is unique for each 3CX Phone System 12 installation used to secure the provisioning folder. You can see the complete provisioning URL by logging into the 3CX Management Console and going to Settings >> Phone Provisioning.
You will need to replace http://10.172.0.15:5000/provisioning/%%ProvSubDir%% with the value of the internal provisioning URL field found in 3CX Management Console>> Settings>> Provisioning (shown above).
Step 3: Advanced Configuration Options such as Time Zone, DST and Firmwares
The Phone Provisioning node within the 3CX Management Console allows you to configure the time zone, DST (Daylight Savings Time) and other options for your Polycom SoundPoint 320, 321, 330, 331, 335 phone. This node also allows you to edit the provisioning templates and include custom configuration options into the templates. For more information on how to do this, check out these following guides:
- Configuring the Time Zone for IP Phones Networkwide
- Upgrading the Polycom SoundPoint IP Phone Firmware Networkwide via the 3CX Phone System Management Console
Supported IP Phones
Preferred / Recommended
- Cortelco C58/C58P, C62/C62P
- Fanvil C58/C58P, C62/C62P
- snom 3 Series - 300, 320, 360, 370 Provisioning Guide
- snom 7 Series - 710, 720, 760 Provisioning Guide
- snom 8 Series - 820, 821, 870 Provisioning Guide
- Yealink T19P, T20P, T21P, T22P, T26P, T28P, T41P Provisioning Guide
- Yealink T32G, T38G, T42G, T46G Provisioning Guide
- Yealink VP530 Provisioning Guide
- Yealink DECT W52P Provisioning
- Cisco 7940/ 7941/ 7960 /7961 Provisioning
- Cisco SPA 501G, 502G, 504G, 508G, 509G, 525G Provisioning or Manual
- Gigaset N510 IP PRO Provisioning
- Panasonic KX-TGP500B01 (DECT)
- Polycom SoundPoint 320, 321, 330, 331, 335 Provisioning Guides or Manual Provisioning
- Polycom SoundPoint 450, 550, 560, 650, 670 Provisioning Guides or Manual Provisioning
- Polycom SoundStation 5000, 6000, 7000 Provisioning Guides or Manual Provisioning