This guide shows you how to provision the Yealink DECT W52P IP phone for use with 3CX Phone System V12.5 and higher.
To learn how to provision other supported Yealink IP Phones, check out the Yealink T19P, T20P, T21P, T22P, T26P, T28P provisioning guide, the Yealink T23, T32G, T38G, T41P, T42G, T46G, T48G provisioning guide, as well as the Yealink VP530 video phone.
The easiest way to set up a Yealink W52P Base for use with 3CX Phone System is to use the built-in plug and play provisioning functionality that’s provided for you inside the 3CX Management Console. By auto provisioning your Yealink W52P Base your DECT Base configures itself by retrieving a 3CX-generated phone configuration file. If you prefer to configure your phone using the DHCP and option 66, check out this DHCP Option 66 Configuration guide.
Step 1: Verify the Firmware Installed on Your Yealink W52P Base Station and Register the Handset(s)
To verify the firmware version currently installed on the Yealink DECT Base Station, please follow the steps below:
- Power up the Base Station and go into the Web interface by typing in a web browser the Base’s IP Address (to find the Base’s IP Address tap the button on the top of the base and on the Handset screen you will receive a paging with the IP address).
- Log into the web interface using the your Username and Password (defaults are ‘admin’ and ‘admin’)
- Go to Menu ->Status -> Firmware and check if you have the latest firmware version. Latest supported version is “126.96.36.199” and available for download from here.
- To upgrade the firmware, go to Phone tab > Upgrade node and in the section select and Upgrade Base firmware, select the firmware you have downloaded earlier.
- Click the “Upgrade” button to proceed.
Upgrading W52P handsets
After you have successfully upgraded the W52P Base, we now need to update each individual handset. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Download the upgrade tool from here:
- Extract the zip file and inside you will find a file named W52p-Flasher[188.8.131.52].exe.
- Download latest supported handset firmware from here:
- Open the battery cover from back of handset and plugin the handset to your computer where you have installed W52p-Flasher[184.108.40.206].exe.
- Switch the handset on and double click on W52p-Flasher[220.127.116.11].exe, allow driver to be installed and click on “Scan Device”.
- In this example a device named HS 3(02-27-c0-1c-69) was detected.
- Click “Browse” and point to the location of the handset firmware you previously downloaded in point (2).
- Click “Upgrade” button to upgrade the new firmware to the handset.
- Repeat this procedure for each handset you need to upgrade. Each handset needs to be plugged into the computer where you have W52p-Flasher[18.104.22.168].exe.
Register Handsets on the Base Station
If the Handset and the Base Station are not synchronized out of the box then you have to register them manually.
To register the Handset(s) manually on the Base Station:
- Press the ‘OK’ button and go to ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Registration’
- Press ‘Register Handset’
- Log in to the web interface of your Base Station
- Select the ‘Handset&VoIP’ menu and
- Press ‘Start Registration’ button.
- Go back to your Handset and if ‘Base 1’ is already configured go to the ‘Base 2’ or any other base to register and press the ‘OK’ button. When the Handset finds your Base Station and tries to connect it will ask for the PIN number
- Enter the PIN number(default is 0000) and your Handset will register to your Base.
Step 2A: Provisioning the Yealink W52P Using Plug and Play
To begin Plug and Play provisioning plug your Yealink DECT Base Station into the same LAN subnet as the PBX and power it up. Make sure you’ve plugged your base into the same LAN subnet as the machine that has 3CX installed on it (3CX Phone System must run on port 5060). If you are trying to provision an extension in a remote network (WAN), in a different subnet, or on a PBX whose default port is not 5060 please skip this step and see Step 2B.
If you already have configured the Base Station before with other settings, please perform a factory reset on it. This will make sure that after the provisioning procedure the new configuration will be correct and there will be no leftovers from previous settings.
Approve the Yealink W52P Base Station and Assign an Extension
Now you’ll need to approve Yealink’s registration and assign an extension. It’s really easy to do. Simply follow the steps below:
- Click on the Phones node within the 3CX Management Console
- When you’ve plugged in your Yealink DECT phone you’ll see it appear at the top of the list in bold
- By right clicking on your Yealink DECT phone, you’re given the option to select the following:
- Add Extension – this will create a new extension
- Assign to Existing Extension – this will assign an existing extension
- Now assign or create an extension and click OK
- You will be taken to the Edit Extension settings page
- Click OK
Congratulations! You have configured a new Yealink DECT Base Station using the 3CX Plug and Play feature.
According to the way the Yealink W52P functions to be able to access your voice mail through the Yealink DECT W52P phone you need to:
- Click on the ‘OK’ button on the Handset to access the menu.
- Select the ‘Voice Mail’ option from the menu and press ‘OK’
- Choose the ‘Set Voice Mail’ option, you will see the voicemail number appear and that the ‘Status’ is set to ‘disabled’.
- Press the left or right buttons to change the ‘Status’ to ‘enabled’ and press ‘OK’ to save the configuration.
You will now be able to access your voicemail by pressing the voicemail button on the phone.
Step 2B: Provisioning the Yealink W52P DECT Base Using a Provisioning Link
This method can be used to provision a Yealink VP530 IP Phone which does not reside in the same LAN subnet as the 3CX Phone System (including Lan2Lan VPN), on a system which the 3CX Phone System Service is not running on SIP Port 5060. This process can also be automated if your network features a DHCP Server with Option 66. To provision an extension using a provisioning link please follow the next steps:
- Log in to your 3CX Management Console.
- Go to the extensions node and create or select the extension that you want to assign to your Yealink DECT Base Station
- Click on the Phone provisioning tab and fill in your phone’s MAC Address. You can find the Mac Address of your Yealink W52 DECT Base by turning the Base over and looking at the MAC sticket on the back. Select the Base from the drop down list (according to which one you are configuring)
- Select your display language, and make sure that the ‘Select Provisioning Method’ is set to ‘Remote Extension (STUN)’ if you are provisioning an extension in a remote network or if you are provisioning an extension in another subnet select ‘Local Lan’. If you are provisioning Local Extensions via DHCP option 66 please have a look at the Auto-provisioning using DHCP option 66 Guide and for a more detailed description of the procedure and more information on how to provision extensions in remote WANs and the appropriate settings please have a look at the Remote Extension Provisioning Guide.
- Press OK when you have selected your desired settings to save them.
- Click on the Settings tab and select the Phone Provisioning tab. Write down the External Provisioning URL (or the Internal one if you are provisioning an extension in a local subnet) as that will be used in the next step.
This procedure will create a provisioning file for your Yealink W52P DECT Base. The next step will be to instruct the Base Station to retrieve that file.
Getting your Remote Yealink W52P DECT Base to Register with 3CX
- Start up your Yealink DECT Base and identify its IP address. To find your Yealink DECT Base IP, simply press the button on the base and you will see the IP address of the base on the handset that you registered on the base. In this example we’re going to assume that the IP address of your Yealink DECT Base is 10.172.0.166 and the External FQDN of the server (or PC) where 3CX Phone System is installed is mybusiness.contoso.com.
- Point your browser to the web interface of your Yealink DECT Base, which in this example is http://10.172.0.166.
- Enter your phone’s login credentials – username and password is admin by default to log in to your Yealink DECT Base Web Interface.
- Click on the Phone tab and select the Auto Provision tab from the left menu. Paste the provisioning link into the ‘Server URL’ field as shown above. Press Confirm to save changes.
- Go to Security>Trusted Certificates page and Disable the option Only Accept Trusted Certificates. Press Confirm button and allow the device to reboot.
After reboot the Yealink W52P will automatically download the configuration file from 3CX Phone System and register your extension.
Supported IP Phones
- 3CXPhone (Windows) Also for (Android | iPhone | Mac)
- Fanvil F52/F52P, C58/C58P, C62/C62P
- Fanvil X3/X3P, X5/X5G
- Htek UC802, UC803, UC804, UC806, UC840, UC842, UC860, UC862
- snom 3 Series - 300, 320, 360, 370 Provisioning Guide
- snom 7 Series - 710, 715/D715, 720/D725, 760/D765 Provisioning Guide
- snom M300, M700 Dect (Registering a Handset M300 Base, M700 Base)
- Yealink T19P/E2, T20P, T21P, T22P, T26P, T28P
- Yealink T23P, T32G, T38G, T41P, T42G, T46G, T48G
- Yealink VP530 Provisioning Guide, Yealink DECT W52P Provisioning
- Cisco 7940/ 7941/ 7960 /7961 Provisioning
- Cisco SPA 302, 303,501G, 502G, 504G, 508G, 509G, 525G/G2 Provisioning or Manual
- Gigaset N510 IP PRO Provisioning
- Panasonic KX-TGP500B01 (DECT)
- Polycom SoundPoint 320, 330 Provisioning Guides or Manual Provisioning
- Polycom SoundPoint 321, 331, 335, 450, 550, 560, 650, 670 Provisioning Guides or Manual Provisioning
- Polycom SoundStation 5000, 6000, 7000 Provisioning Guides or Manual Provisioning
- snom MeetingPoint, snom PA1 – Public Announcement System, snom 8 Series - 820, 821, 870 Provisioning