How to configure Yealink VP530 for 3CX
Supported Models: Yealink VP530
Legacy phone support has been implemented to allow easy migration from an existing phone system to 3CX without the need to directly replace all existing IP phones. It is strongly recommended not to purposely buy these devices new or as a replacement. Legacy phone devices have a limited feature set and can only be supported up to a certain point by the 3CX Support Team - you may well need to contact vendor support directly for some matters. In this guide:
Step 1: Models and Firmware
These phones have been tested with 3CX Phone System V14 SP3 with the following firmware only:
- Yealink VP530 - Firmware 18.104.22.168
Step 2: Factory Reset the IP Phone
Before provisioning the IP phone, the phone must be brought back to factory defaults in case the device has residual settings of a previous configuration. To reset the device follow this blog post on how to factory reset Yealink IP phones.
Step 3: Configure the phone in 3CX
In case your 3CX Phone System does not run on SIP port 5060, or the phone is not located within the same local LAN subnet, follow this guide on how to manually configure the link.
- Connect the phone to the network. It will send a PNP request to 3CX.
- Now go to the 3CX Management Console -> Phones node -> the phone should be listed.
- Single click on the BOLD entry and choose ‘Assign Ext’ or ‘Add Ext’ depending on whether you want to assign the phone to an existing extension or create a new one.
- All major provisioning settings are pre-populated. If your 3CX has multiple network cards, select to which network this IP Phone is connected. Optional settings include the base ‘Time Zone”.
- Finish the extension setup configuration.
- Upon the “OK” of the extension configuration the phone will be auto provisioned!
Known limitations of Yealink VP530 are:
- No STUN Support
- No SBC Support
- BLF Functionality
- No Shared Parking Orbit Presence
- Aastra 67i Series
- Cisco 79XX Series
- Cisco SPA
- Gigaset N510
- Panasonic KX-TGP500B01
- Polycom 301, 501, 600, 601 & 4000
- Polycom 320 & 330
- Polycom 321, 331, 335, 450, 550, 560, 650 & 670
- Polycom 5000, 6000, 7000
- Polycom VVX 101, 201, 300, 301, 311, 400, 401, 410, 411, 500, 501, 600, 601
- Configuring & Managing IP Phones & Endpoints