The 3CX User Manual explains how you can take advantage of all 3CX Phone System features. 3CX includes a powerful client for Windows, Mac, iPhone and Android which allows you to stay connected from anywhere and manage your calls with a few clicks.
This document relates to 3CX Phone System v14. V12.5 users can view the user manual as PDF here.
Installing & Configuring 3CXPhone
- Installing 3CX Phone for Windows, Android, iPhone, Mac
- 3CXPhone Advanced Settings: Windows, Android, iPhone
Make, Receive & Transfer Calls
- Making Calls from your IP Phone – Step by step guides for your model of phone.
- Transferring Calls from your IP Phone – Guides for each phone model.
- Making Calls with 3CXPhone – Use your softphone to make calls.
- Transferring Calls with 3CXPhone – Performing Blind or Attended transfers using the 3CX softphone.
- Elevate a Call to a Video Call – Include video in your call (3CXPhone for Windows).
- Make Calls on your Desk Phone from your Desktop – Using the CTI Mode with 3CXPhone for Windows.
- Making Calls Using HotKeys – Control 3CXPhone for Windows using keyboard shortcuts.
- Receive Calls from Internet Users – Allow anyone to call your extension using their browser.
Checking & Managing Voicemail
- Checking your Voicemail from your IP Phone – Step by step guides for your model of phone.
- Managing your Voicemail using any phone – Use your colleagues’ phone to manage your messages.
- Checking and Managing your Voicemail from 3CXPhone – Use your softphone to access your messages.
- Customizing your Voicemail Greetings in 3CXPhone – Personalize your greetings for all your statuses.
Creating Conference Calls
- Creating Conference Calls from your IP Phone – Step by step guides for your model of phone.
- Create a Conference Call from 3CXPhone: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone
- Elevating a Call to a Conference Call from 3CXPhone: Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone
Configuring Forwarding Rules
- Forwarding rules for when Busy – How to configure your forwarding rules when busy.
- Forwarding rules for when Away – How to configure your forwarding rules when away.
- Creating Exceptions – Have calls from particular numbers redirected (3CXPhone for Windows).
Organizing Video Conferences
- Hosting a 3CX WebMeeting – Guides for 3CXPhone for Windows and Mac.
- Joining a 3CX WebMeeting – Use your browser to participate in a meeting.
- Sharing PDFs – Use the converter and deliver them in high resolution.
- Sharing Your Screen – Share your screen or window.
- Manage Media Access – Control who can participate with Video, Audio and Chat.
Presence & Switchboard
- Using Presence/Status with 3CXPhone – What is the Presence Function, how to set it and use it.
- Managing Calls Using the Presence Screen – Pick up, divert or drop calls from your computer.
- Manage Queue Calls Using the Presence Screen – Manipulate queue calls in real time.
Call History, Phonebook, Recording, Dial Codes
- Using the 3CX Phonebook – Add contacts and manage your entries.
- Call History – See all your outbound, inbound and missed calls.
- Recording – Record a conversation or conference and play back recordings.
- Manage Recordings from 3CXPhone – Access, play and delete your recordings from different devices.
- Dial Codes – Use your phone’s keypad to dial in combinations that activate functions.
- Use the Chat Feature in 3CXPhone – Send messages to your colleagues.
Office, Google & CRM Integration
- Microsoft Office 365 – Integrate 3CX with Microsoft Office.
- Google Contacts – Integrate 3CX with Google Contacts.
- Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2011, 2013 – Integrate 3CX with Microsoft Outlook.
- Microsoft Dynamics – Requires PRO edition.
- Salesforce – Requires PRO edition.
- SugarCRM – Requires PRO edition.
- Sage CRM – Requires PRO edition.
- Exact Online – Requires PRO edition.