Creating an Audio Conference (iOS)
On this topic
A conference call is a call between 3 or more people at the same time. Long distances or people in different locations cannot get in the way of holding an important meeting. With the 3CX client for iOS you can easily create, schedule, manage, and join ad-hoc conference calls (conference calls that initiate immediately without scheduling), from your device.
Creating an Ad-Hoc Conference Call
- Tap in the bottom menu, select “Conference” and “View Conferences”.
- Once you tap the button you can start setting up your conference.
- Select “Contacts” to add participants from your contacts, or “Number” to enter phone numbers not in the contact list. If you want to remove a contact before starting the conference, tap “Edit” and then tap the red icon next to the contact name and tap “Delete”.
- Once you select the contacts, tap the “Start Conference” button to start your conference. You will receive an incoming call from 3CX Phone System. Answer it to enter the conference.
- The conference starts when at least one other person joins.
- Other participants you have invited may join the conference at any time.
- Within the conference you can reconnect, disconnect or mute a participant from your conference, add more participants, or terminate the call.
Add More Participants to an Ongoing Conference
- To add more participants to an ongoing conference, tap the “Conference” button on the Dial Pad and then press the button. Select contacts, or add an external number.
- To add numbers not in your contact list, tap “Add Number”. Type the number in the entry field and press “OK”.
Create a Scheduled Conference Call
- Tap in the bottom menu, select “Conference” and then “Scheduled Conferences” button from the conference type list.
- On the scheduled conference screen you can see active and scheduled conferences. Tap the button to schedule your conference. Fill in the Conference Name, Description and the DID number that external participants will need to dial in order to access your conference. Set the start and end date and time.
- Turn on “Enable announcements” to hear an announcement when a participant enters the conference.
- Choose the participants of the conference by:
- Internal Participants (Called): press the plus button in order to add participants to the conference.
- External Participants (E-mail Invited): press the plus icon to add participants from the contact list or by e-mail.
Note: Only the Internal Participants can be Moderators. You can drag and drop the required extension to the preferred role:
- Moderators (Not Called but can manage): These Moderators will not take part in the conference but can see, edit and delete conferences.
- Moderators (Called and can manage): These Moderators will take part in the conference and can see, edit and delete conferences.
- Participants (Called, cannot manage): These contacts will take part in the conference but they are unable to manage it.
- Tap “Done” to schedule your conference. You will see your scheduled conference, which you can “Edit”, “Copy PIN”, or “Delete”, by tapping it. All participants will be sent an email with the conference phone number and the conference PIN they need to use to access your conference.
Elevate a call to a conference call
While on a call, you might need to ask for the assistance of a third party. You can do so by elevating the call to a conference call and adding more people to the conversation. With the 3CX client there is no need to hang up the phone in order to create a conference call.
- While in a call click the “Conference” button to go to the conference screen.
- Follow the steps above to add participants and proceed with the conference call.
Tip: To view, edit or delete scheduled conferences go to the conference tab and click “View Conferences”.
- Creating Conference Calls from your IP Phone – Step by step guides for your model of phone
- Creating Audio Conferences from: Windows, Mac, Android
- Creating Video Conferences from: Windows, Mac