On this topic
The Presence/Status allows you to see the presence of your colleagues, and set you own status and forwarding rules. This feature is very helpful especially if you need to transfer a call to another extension; you can see whether the extension is available, busy or away before making the transfer. You can also benefit from using this feature to set your own status.
Setting Your Presence Status
- Click or tap on the status area in the top left corner.
- From the menu, select your desired status and click on it. On an iOS device press “Done” to apply:
- Do Not Disturb
- Lunch – a custom Available status that can be configured when setting forwarding rules.
- Business Trip – a custom out of office status that can be configured when setting forwarding rules.
Note: In Mac you have the ability to enter a “Custom status message” from this list.
- Click on the “>”. From this screen you can select your status message, when your status should be switched back to the previous status i.e. after one hour, and where your calls should be forwarded to during this time. For more details on how to set your forwarding rules, read the chapter Forwarding Rules. Note: For Mac you must to go to the Quick Menu “Call Forwarding...” or from the “Settings button > Behaviour > Call Forwarding”.
Setting a Custom Status
In addition to Presence you can set a custom status for all the available statuses. For example, selecting “Away” and adding “In a meeting”.
- For Windows select your status, and click “>”. Enter your custom status and click “OK”.
- For Mac you can enter your custom status from within the “Profile Status” list.
- For Android and iOS devices tap your status and enter the custom message in the dialog.
Note: You can change the names of Business Trip and Lunch by pressing “>” and entering the custom presence name.
In or Out of Office?
The 3CX client for Windows is capable of automatically detecting whether you are in or out of office (based on your IP) and will automatically switch to the appropriate setting set by your administrator.
Setting your Presence Status Automatically
You can have your status automatically set to “Do Not Disturb” or “Available” based on your office hours. This has to be done by the administrator through the 3CX Management Console. Ask your administrator about this feature. During office hours you will be logged in as “Available” and when your office hours end, your 3CX client will automatically switch its status to “Do Not Disturb”.
It is also possible to use a custom VoiceMail Greeting for specific statuses.
Seeing the Presence/Status of your Colleagues
Presence allows you to check the status of an extension so that you are aware of who is busy, who is available and who is away. Being able to instantly see the status of each employee means that you can handle the call faster, easier and more efficiently.
The presence menu also allows you to interact with other extensions:
- Click on the “Presence” button in the bottom menu.
- You will see the list with the 3CX Phone System extension groups and their statuses.
- Select the extension that you want to interact with and double click or tap to call or, click on “>” to see Contact Details for more actions.
- Switchboard – What is the Switchboard and how to use it.
- Manage queue calls – Control queue calls in real time.
- The Receptionist View – What is it and how to manage incoming calls.