The 3CX Switchboard
On this topic
Managing calls is one of the main tasks of an office employee. Having a feature where you can have all the extensions together in one place and be able to see their presence and manage them, would be a “work” saver! The 3CX client includes a powerful switchboard function that can be tailored to the way you want to manage your phonecalls. You can access the 3CX Switchboard by clicking on the “Switchboard” button on your 3CX client, as displayed below, or by choosing one of the Switchboard views from the Quick Menu. Note: The 3CX Client for Mac has limited views available.
The 3CX Switchboard ships with 5 different views:
- User - This view is used for to quickly and easily see the status of colleagues.
- Receptionist - For operators that need efficient and fast answering & transferring of calls.
- Manager - To monitor staff, incoming calls & queues.
- Q-Manager (Only in PRO) - To manage queues and monitor response times & quality.
- Wallboard (Only in PRO) - View individually or display on a large screen for agents to stay informed of status.
Switchboard Settings for Windows
Click on the Settings icon next to the view dropdown.
A new window will appear whereby you can control:
- Which Presence group you wish to see. This is set to Default.
- Filter the Calls you are going to see.
- The View Options.
Available Views for Windows
This is the default view and allows you to quickly see the status of your colleagues. This way you can see whether an extension is available or not before making a transfer, saving you and your customer time. In order to proceed with a transfer just click the extension on the presence screen, if available. You can interact further with the extensions; right click and from the drop down menu you can make a call, leave voicemail, intercom (available only if set by the administrator), conference, or chat.
The Receptionist view allows you to monitor ongoing calls at any time. This way you can immediately see who is busy in a call, the caller and callee details, and the duration of the call without having to search in the presence screen. To find out how to manage inbound calls efficiently using all of the features available read this.
The Manager view is a merge of the Receptionist & Q-Manager views. The Manager view allows you to view and manage calls as well as monitor queues. Regarding the queues, statistics are only available if you have the PRO version.
Queue Manager (Requires PRO)
With the Q-Manager view you can immediately view which agents are in a call as well as statistics such as the average waiting time, the total serviced calls and so on. To find out more on how to manage queue calls and how to log agents in and out of queues read this.
Wallboard (Requires PRO)
The Wallboard view gives you the ability to view call statistics with a click of a button. Check your agents’ performance at a glance and increase awareness when the number of abandoned calls gets too high. You can specify a daily motivational message for your team by clicking on the Wallboard settings button. For more on how to configure your Wallboard go here.
Available Views for Mac
The 3CX Client for Mac has limited views. You can select between 2 available views:
- Active Calls: You can see all the calls that are active and interact with them.
- Queue Calls: You can see the active calls in the queue you are participating in. If you are not a member of a queue call then you will not be able to see anything.