Video Conferencing Features
On this topic
3CX’s video conferencing solution offers you much more than a simple video call. Interaction with the other party is critical in a meeting or even a learning session. How can someone learn without asking, or how can you share a contract with the terms you just discussed if you are miles apart? 3CX offers the ability to enjoy face to face communication no matter where you are.
Important: 3CX’s video conferencing requires the 3CX WebMeeting Plugin to be installed. If you have a previous version, you will have to uninstall it and download the latest version.
You can create a recording that can be shared with the participants or even with those that were unable to join you at the time. Webinars for example, can be recorded and made available for people who were not able to attend the live sessions.
To start and finish the recording you have to press the button. For as long as the icon is red the recording is ongoing. Once the participants exit the meeting, the organizer will receive a report e-mail with the download link to the mp4 recording. The recordings are available for 7 days. After that they are automatically deleted.
This feature is extremely helpful when conducting a product presentation or collaborating with colleagues. You can share your whole screen, including IM and e-mail notifications, or a single window or application which will only show what takes place in that window.
To share your screen press the “Start Screen Sharing” button. A new window will open with all the available screens you can share. Once you share your screen the following message will appear at the bottom of your monitor:
To stop the screen sharing you click “Stop Sharing” button from the above message.
The remote control feature is an excellent way to provide exceptional customer service and solve problems quickly and efficiently. In order to take advantage of this feature the 3CX Remote Control Client must be downloaded and installed. The download link will be provided to you the first time you “Request Remote Control”. A pop up window will appear as below:
If the WebMeeting Extension is not installed you will receive the below message prior to the Remote Control Client installation.
- Only organizers can reply to a Remote Control request. If there is no organizer in the meeting then the “Request Remote Control” button will not be available. Press the button to ask for assistance.
- The organizers will receive the below message:
- Once the organizer clicks “Yes” the participant will have to choose which screen or application to share.
- To end the session click the “Request Remote Control” button or the “Stop Sharing” button at the bottom of the screen.
When in a meeting, notes, reports and presentations are often required. Being able to share those documents on the spot is essential for the video conference to run smoothly. Losing or misplacing a document is a common issue. With 3CX WebMeeting you can share PDFs and more with just a few clicks. You may upload it at the time or have them ready in your Repository.
To share a PDF document:
- While in meeting, click the “Share PDF” button.
- A new window “Shared Documents Repository” will open from where you can “Upload,” “Preview,” “Delete” and “Share.”
- All the uploads are saved automatically in the “Shared Documents Repository.”
- Once sharing has been established you will see the document on your screen and the message at the bottom of the screen.
- To stop sharing the document press the “Stop Sharing” button as shown above.
Create Surveys and Poll your Audience
Surveys are a great way to enrich engagement and add value to your web meetings or webinars. A survey is a great way to get responses and gather data regarding a specific topic while polls can give value to the other participants’ ideas and suggestions. With 3CX WebMeeting you can actively engage your audience and enable them to provide feedback. To create a survey:
- Click on the “Create a new Poll” button.
- This will open the “Polling Repository” window. From there you can create “New,” “Edit,” “Delete” and “Submit” a poll. Press “New” to start a poll.
- Fill in the details required and press “Save:”
- Answers. By default there are 2 answers. You can add more by pressing the button.
- The survey has been added in the “Polling Repository.” Select one of the surveys saved there and press “Submit.”
- The Following screen will be shared with all the participants.
- As long as the polling is ongoing the message under the Description will be set to “Waiting for Answers” and will provide a real time summary of your participants’ answers. As soon as all of the participants have replied the message will change to “Polling complete!”
- You can “Close Poll” at any time or “Stop Sharing” by pressing the respective buttons at the bottom of the screen.