Configuring beroNet bero*fix for 3CX
This guide is not applicable for FXS gateways. On how to configure a beronet FXS gateway or a FXS port in a multi PSTN technology device to register as an extension in 3CX read beroNet FXS as an extension in 3CX.
On this topic
After you familiarize yourself with the basic concept of SIP Trunks (http://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/sip-trunks/) proceed to add a PSTN gateway into the PBX. This guide shows you how to configure and install a bero*fix with 4 BRI port with 3CX. If you have an 8 BRI, E1, FXO or mixed device, adapt the setup accordingly.
Step 1: Prepare the beroNet
- For the “Standalone” version of the BeroNet bero*fix, click here.
- For the “Add In card” version of the BeroNet bero*fix, click here.
- To update the bero*fix latest available firmware, click here.
Step 2: Add and Choose Device
Navigate to “SIP Trunks” within the 3CX Management Console and select “Add Gateway”:
- Select Brand: beroNet.
- Select model/device: PRI (E1) | BRI | FXO (use FXO also for GSM).
- Number of Physical PSTN Ports on device: The amount of PSTN ports the device has in total, not how many ports are going to be used of those. In mixed technologies inside one device enter only the amount of ISDN or FXO lines the box features!
- Main Trunk No: Define the number of your ISDN lines which should act as catch all destination. Commonly your most important number of all.
Step 3: PSTN Line Setup
Once the previous step is saved by clicking OK some device and line specific options need to be defined:
- Registrar: Enter the current IP address of your device set in Step 1.
- Numbers of SIM Calls: define how many ISDN ports are going to be used. This might be equal to the amount of physical PSTN ports the device has or less. For each port being used enter the reflecting value below:
FXO / GSM
Step 4: beroNet Wizard
By pressing the ”Generate config file”, the 3CX Management Console will directly open the 3CX Wizard of the beroNet gateway (default login: admin / admin). The interface presented varies depending on the technologies inside your beroNet bero*fix (e.g. 2 port ISDN BRI plus 2 port FXS).
The most important part is highlighted in red. This will bring your public PSTN lines into 3CX. All further settings in this dialog are explained in the beroNet with multiple PSTN technologies wizard. All “unneeded” additional configuration options (e.g. internal ISDN and FXS) should be unchecked (highlighted in green):
- Server Address: the IP Address of 3CX.
- Port: SIP Port of 3CX (default 5060).
- External Lines: Match the selection to the SIM CALLS of Step 2.
- User and Password taken from the Authentication section of the beroNet SIP trunk within 3CX.
- Tone Set: define the tone set matching the corresponding country code.
Save the settings and press on the red “Activate” button. The beroNet bero*fix will reboot and register the SIP Trunk.
Step 5: Add Inbound Rules
For more details on creating “Inbound Rules” visit the 3CX Admin Manual: http://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/inbound-rules/.
Step 6: Add Outbound Rules
For more details on creating “Outbound Rules” visit the 3CX Admin Manual: http://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/outbound-rules/.
Additional guides for beroNet
- Inbound: Redirect incoming PSTN calls to a FXS port (bypassing 3CX) click here.
- Outbound: Route Calls to a specific ISDN Port click here.
- Internal: Connect an FXS port to a (fax-) extension click here.
- If you have a GSM module on your berofix and you wish to redirect outbound calls via the GSM module, click here.