Important: This device may be upgraded to the latest firmware version here: http://www.beronet.com/support/downloads. When requesting assistance, 3CX Support may ask you to upgrade to the latest firmware version available. This facilitates troubleshooting and escalation to the vendor’s support department when necessary. The instructions here apply to Beronet Firmware version 2.3.
Follow this configuration guide to install a bero*fix with 4 BRI port. If you have an 8 BRI or E1 port device, change the setup accordingly.
Step 1: Basic Setup BeroNet bero*fix 400/1600/6400
- If you bought a boxed version of the BeroNet bero*fix, click here.
- If you bought a card version of the BeroNet bero*fix, click here.
- Update the card to the 3CX recommended firmware version, click here.
Step 2: Creating the PSTN Device in 3CX Phone System
- Open the 3CX Phone System management console and navigate to the menu PSTN Devices. Click on “Add PSTN Device”
- Configure a name for your gateway, example “BeroNet”, click on the dropdown, select “Beronet” and choose the “bero*fix BRI” or “bero*fix PRI” depending on the type of ISDN you have. The model is not important at this stage. Click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Enter the IP address of the Beronet card/box you have assigned to the card in step 1.
- Authentication and Channel InformationConfigure the Authentication ID and the Authentication Password for this device. In the channels field, enter the amount of calls that you can make on this port. In this example, we have 1 BRI port and therefore 2 channels. If you have 2 BRI ports, set the number of channels to 4.
Important: If you have 2 BRI Lines which have telephone numbers that are not in the same number block example BRI1=222210-222212 and BRI2=223577-223580, then you have to create 2 gateways with 2 Channels for each gateway not 1 gateway with 4 Channels.
Possible values for the channels:
1 NBTA BRI = 2, 2 NTBA BRI = 4, 3 NTBA BRI = 6, 4 NTBA BRI = 8
1 NTBA PRI = 30, 2 NTBA PRI = 60, 3 NTBA PRI = 90 and 4 NTBA PRI = 120
- Create an outbound rule for the gateway. Enter a prefix example 0, and Finish to complete the setup.
- In 3CX Phone System, you will see a button “Configure Beronet Card”. Click on this to open the 3CX Wizard for Bero*fix. You can also access this wizard through this link http://IP.BeroNet/app/api/3CX.php
- Enter the username and password of the Beronet card (default: admin/admin).
- Under PSTN options select how many ISDN BRI lines are connected to the Beronet box.
- Configure whether the ports are Point to Point or Point to Multipoint. (If in doubt ask your telco provider)
- Select the toneset configuration for your country and whether you have CLIP or Call Deflection features. (If in doubt ask your telco provider)
- In the 3CX Options section enter the IP Address of the 3CX Phone System Server together with the Authentication ID and Authentication Password in the respective fields. Refer to Step 4.
- Click “save” to save the configuration, the Bero*fix card will reboot and all card settings will be overwritten.
Step 3: Advanced Settings (Optional)
- FAX: You can redirect an MSN number to an analog FAX machine / ISDN card. Configuration instructions here
- Click here to configure outbound caller ID for 3CX Phone System extensions.
- Click here to configure NTBA selection to route calls to a specific line.
Supported VoIP Gateways & ATA's
- BeroNet BeroFIX 400, 1600 and 6400 – ISDN BRI, E1, GSM, FXS and FXO
- Patton Smartnode SN4112 and SN4114 – Analog 2 / 4 Ports
- Patton Smartnode SN4940, SN4950, SN4960 - ISDN E1 and T1
- Patton Smartnode SN4970, SN4980, SN4990 - ISDN E1 and T1
- Patton SmartNode SN4120, SN4552, SN4554, SN4634, SN4638 and SN4658 - ISDN BRI
- Patton MATA for Fax Machines
- Welltech Wellgate 2540 for 3CX Phone System 12