This guide shows you how to configure the Patton SmartNode SN4112 and SN4114 VoIP Gateways for use with 3CX Phone System for Windows. This device may be upgraded to the latest firmware version here: http://patton.com/support/upgrades/. When requesting assistance, 3CX Support may ask you to upgrade to the latest firmware version available. This facilitates troubleshooting and escalation to the vendor’s support department when necessary. Configuration is a 2 step process:
Step 1: Configuring 3CX Phone System for Patton Smartnode SN4114 or SN4112
- Log on to the 3CX Phone System Management Console and go to: Lines => Add PSTN.
- Assign a name to the Patton SN-4114 device: Patton_SN4114.
- Select the device type – in this example we will assume: Patton SN-4114 4-port FXO. Click the “Next >” button.
- From the “Country” drop-down menu, select the Country Tone Set that most closely matches that in use by the Telecoms Provider supplying the ISDN line.
- From the “Incoming Caller ID” drop-down menu, select whether to wait for incoming CallerID, or to deliver the call immediately. Most installations can safely use the default setting (Collect CallerID Information).
- From the “Dial Delay” drop-down menu, specify the time to wait on the line before dialing the outgoing call, you may safely leave the default setting “Wait for Dial Tone”.
- From the “Early Media for Pre-Call Announcements” drop-down-menu, select if you would like Early Media Announcements delivered, you may safely leave the default setting “Deliver Announcements”.
- From the “Digit Collection Timeout” drop-down-menu, select how long to delay delivery of incoming calls to collect CallerID information for those Telecom Providers that send the information after the first ring.
- From the “How to handle the Leading Zero in the CallerID Numbers” drop-down-menu, select your preference for how to handle the leading Zero. Most installations can safely use the default setting “No Change”. Click the “Next >” button.
- In the field “Gateway Hostname or IP”, insert the IP Address that you would like the device to use when connected to the LAN for communication with 3CX Phone System. This must be a STATIC IP. Note that the Patton SN-4114 and 3CX Phone System must reside inside the same LAN.
- The “Number of ports” field is set by default to the number of ports available in the device. Click the “Next >” button.
- The “Create Lines” page allows you to configure each channel’s parameters, namely:
a. Virtual Extension Number
b. Authentication ID
c. Authentication Password
d. Number of simultaneous calls that the channel can handle
e. The Port Identification (External Number) of the channel
f. The destination of calls that are received by the channel – These values are pre-opulated, but may be changed at this point. The configuration file will be generated using the parameters supplied in this page. Click the “Next >” button.
- The “Create Outbound Rule” page provides a quick and easy way to correctly configure a simple rule to allow outbound calls using the Patton device to deliver outbound calls. A simple starting point could be to use “0″ as the prefix, and all extensions will be able to dial outbound via this rule. The other values are pre-populated, but may be changed at this point.
- Click “Finish” (or “Skip” if you do not want to create an outbound rule). 3CX Phone System is now fully configured for the Patton SN-4114. You can now click the “Generate config file” button (you will need to provide the subnet mask of your LAN) to save to disk a file that will automatically configure the device with the settings provided above.
Step 2: Connect the SmartNode to the Network and Upload the Configuration File
The next step is to connect the Smartnode to the network and upload the 3CX Phone System generated configuration file. Please see this FAQ on how to do this.
Supported VoIP Gateways & ATA's