Note: Get the latest 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System 12! 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System 12 requires 3CX Phone System 12.
3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System is an Android client for 3CX Phone System that allows you to make and receive office calls on your Android Smartphone from anywhere.
Currently Supported Android Operating Systems: 2.3 (Gingerbread) and higher. In this article we will show you how to install 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System on your Android Mobile phone, and how to configure it in multiple ways.
Installing 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System
- Tap on the Google Play Store icon and search for 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System, or just type in 3CX. Choose 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System. See figure 1.
- Select install.
- The program will be installed automatically.
Figure 1. 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System in the Google Play Store.
Configuring 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System on Android
After you have installed 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System, it must be configured to register with your 3CX Phone System IP PBX in order to make and receive calls. Note that 3CX only provides the software – we do not provide any calling services. Account registration to 3CX Phone System can be done either by Plug and Play Auto Provisioning (which is the recommended method) or through your 3CX Welcome Email.
Auto Provisioning 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System on Android using Plug and Play
- Start 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System by tapping the icon.
- 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System will automatically send a provisioning request to the 3CX Phone System Server (NOTE: This works only when 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System is on the same LAN as that of the 3CX Phone System Server) and prompt you to wait for the administrator to send you the configuration or open the attachment from your extension welcome email.
- Click the “OK” button. You will need to wait until the 3CX Phone System administrator approves the provisioning request and assigns an extension to your Android device.
- The 3CX Phone System administrator will need to log in to the 3CX Phone System Management Console and approve the request. To do this, access the 3CX Phone System Server Management Console (http://IP address of 3CX Server:5000/management).
- Click on the “Phones” node on the left hand side.
- Right click on the entry and 2 options will be available : “Add Extension” – this will create a new extension for this Android user – and,
- “Assign existing extension” – This will assign an already existing extension in 3CX for this Android user.
- To assign an existing extension:
- 3CX Phone System will generate the configuration based on the settings of extension 123 and send it to your Android Phone. 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System will receive this information, automatically create the account and register with 3CX Phone System.
The green indicator at the top left corner in the notification bar shows that 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System has registered successfully with 3CX Phone System. On Hook will be displayed on top of the dial pad. You can now start making calls.
Note: 3CX Provisioning also configures public IP information of your 3CX Phone System server. When you leave the office and go home, (Out of office) 3CXPhone Auto-sensing will automatically connect using the Public IP Address information of your 3CX Phone System IP PBX.
Configure 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System via Welcome Email
This mechanism requires 3CX Phone System Version 11 Service Pack 4 or higher. To Provision 3CX Phone for 3CX Phone System using the 3CX Welcome email method, follow the next steps:
- Ask your 3CX Administrator to send a 3CX Welcome email to your mail box.
- Open your email client on your Android Phone and find the 3CX Welcome Email. If you cannot see this check your spam folder.
- Open the email and tap on the attachment.
- 3CXPhone for 3CX Phone System on your Android will be automatically launched and configured for first time use with 3CX Phone System.