If you will use 3CXPhone with a VoIP provider, you need to configure it as follows:
- Start 3CXPhone from the 3CXPhone program group or by double-clicking on the tray icon.
- The first time you start 3CXPhone, it will automatically create a new connection profile. Otherwise, click the new button to create a new profile. Enter a name for the connection
Configuring a VoIP provider connection
- Enter your SIP ID (sometimes referred to as User name, Authentication ID) in the ‘Extension’ AND in the ‘ID’ field. Specify your password in the ‘Password’ field. These details will have been provided to you by your VoIP Provider. The terminology used may vary between VoIP Providers (for example your user name is often your phone number).
- Select the option “I am out of the office” and specify the name or the public IP of the SIP server (also referred to as registrar server or SIP registrar) of your VoIP Provider. For example, sip.myvoipprovider.net
- If your VoIP provider requires the use of an outbound proxy, select the ‘”Use Outbound Proxy Server” option and specify the outbound proxy. For example, proxy.myvoipprovider.net.
Note: The outbound proxy setting is only required if its different from your VoIP providers SIP server name. If in doubt contact your VoIP provider.
- Click OK to create the connection. Once you have logged in successfully, your user name will be shown at the top on the right hand side.