When troubleshooting an issue, the 3CX Support Team may ask you to generate the support files. These files contain information about the environment 3CX Phone System is operating in, and other information which would help 3CX Support troubleshoot further.
The following procedure explains how to generate the support files the 3CX Support Team requires to troubleshoot issues.
- From the 3CX Phone System Management Console > “Troubleshooting” > “Activity Log” > “Logging” button, ensure that the Logging Level is configured to Verbose and that “Keep backup of log files” is enabled.
- In “Services status“, click on “Restart All” button to restart all the services. Wait for 5 minutes to ensure that all the services are restarted and that the process initialize correctly.
- 3CX Support may also ask you to reproduce the problem while capturing network traffic using Wireshark. This should be done before generating the support files so that the Wireshark capture can be correlated with the 3CX Phone System log files. Check this blog post for more information on how to install Wireshark and capture network traffic.
- Reproduce the issue, noting the following were applicable:
- Called number.
- Calling number.
- Extension numbers.
- Any other entities, internal or external involved in replicating the issue.
- The exact time the issue was replicated. You need to get this from the clock on the server running 3CX Phone System.
- The route taken by the call.
- Any other information you think could be relevant.
- Log in to the 3CX Management Console.
- From the menu bar of the 3CX Management Console, select “Help” > “Generate Support Info
- Wait for the Management Console to generate the support file, which may take some time depending on the size of the logs. When ready, you will be prompted to save the resulting ZIP file.
- Update the support ticket with any relevant information collected while reproducing the issue.
- Attach the support ZIP file (and any other relevant files such as Wireshark network capture) to the ticket.
- Finally, make sure you disable the “Keep backup of log files” option, and set the Logging Level back to its original setting – Medium.