The status feature of 3CX Phone System allows you to show other users your current status and to have your calls handled accordingly.
For example if you are in a meeting, you can set your status to ‘Away’ and use a custom status – for example “Away-Business trip”. While your status is set to anything except Available, calls can be automatically diverted to another extension or to your voice mail as defined in your preferences. You can configure what should happen when you set a particular status from the MyPhone ‘Forwarding Rules’ page.
Your 3CX Phone System status could be any of the following:
- Available – you are at your desk and available to take calls.
- Away – generally used when you are away from your desk – i.e. in a meeting or having lunch.
- Out of Office – used when you are physically out of the office.
- Away 2 – a custom away status that you can configure. This is used to define forwarding rules which are different than the Away status.
- Out of Office 2 – a custom out of office status that you can configure, for example if you are on holiday.
You have 3 methods to change your status:
Using 3CX MyPhone
Select the appropriate status using the drop down in the left hand corner next to your name. Your status will be instantly updated and the settings related to this status will kick-in immediately.
You can enter a personal message to be shown along with your status by entering the text you want to be on display into the textbox located to the right of the status drop down list.
If you do not have internet access, you can call in to your voice mail and change your status. To do this:
- Dial the voice mail extension (by default this is 999).
- Select 9 to go to the options menu.
- Select 1 to change your status.
You can have your status set to Away or Out Of Office automatically. This will be based on your pre-set office hours. To configure this:
- Go to the tab Settings > Extension Details > Actions.
- Tick the option “Automatically Switch my status to “Out of Office” outside of office hours”.
- If you are a member of any queues, you can also have 3CX PhoneSystem log you out of these queues. To do this, tick the option “Automatically Log me out of the queues outside of office hours”.
- You can automatically switch your status to Away at specific times of the day (e.g. during lunch break). Tick the option “This Extension has Specific Office Hours’, and configure your lunch break times by clicking on the button ‘Set’.
- If your office hours differ from the general office hours, you can configure specific office hours in the Extension Details tab, Office hour’s section.