3CX MyPhone is a web based utility which allows you to easily manage your extension with a few mouse clicks – rather than via a cryptic and limited phone interface. 3CX MyPhone is not a phone – it works in tandem with a desk phone or soft phone and calls are made and answered on your existing phone.
3CX MyPhone will show different information based on whether you are a standard user, a departmental manager or a company manager. In department manager mode you will see calls from anyone in your department. In management mode you will see information of the entire company. These rights are set by the Phone System administrator.
- Open your extension welcome e-mail.
- Click on the 3CX MyPhone link.
- Alternatively, you can launch your web browser and navigate to:
where <phone-system> is the name or IP of the phone system server and <port> is the port of the webserver, by default 5000. For example http://192.168.0.20:5000/MyPhone.
- Specify your extension number and PIN and click ‘OK’.
- Click ‘Remember Me’ for your settings to be remembered.
Install 3CX MyPhone Locally
As a second step you can install 3CX MyPhone Locally (also known as Out of Browser Application). To do this follow these simple steps
- Login to 3CX MyPhone portal
- Next to logout you should see an Icon with an arrow. Click on this icon.
- You will see a security warning informing you that 3CX MyPhone is requesting to be installed on your computer. Click on Install.
- You will notice that a shortcut will be created on your desktop and the 3CX MyPhone Out of browser application will launch
Install 3CX MyPhone Remotely (WAN)
3CX MyPhone can also be installed locally when you are Out of the office or at home. In this case you will need to have a second 3CX MyPhone instance to be used in this case.
IMPORTANT: It is required that the 3CX Administrator opens port 5000 (TCP) and performs the necessary port-forwarding configuration options on the company router to allow external access by 3CX MyPhone Users.
In this example we will assume that 126.96.36.199 is the the public ip address of the company and www.mycompany.com is the company’s domain address.
- While you are out of the office, open a browser and type in http://www.mycompany.com:5000/myphone OR http://188.8.131.52:5000/myphone
- The 3CX MyPhone login page will show up.
- Right click anywhere on the login screen and click on “Install 3CX MyPhone onto this computer”
- You will be prompted to accept the installation to proceed. Click on Install
- After installation is complete, select the 3CX MyPhone shortcut that was created on your desktop and press F2.
- Rename this to something more friendly example “3CX MyPhone Out of Office” or “3CX MyPhone Home”.
Note: This means that if you need 3CX MyPhone In and Out of the Office on the same computer, you need to have 2 3CX MyPhone Shortcuts on your desktop. One for In Office and one for Out of the Office.