LONDON, UK, 07 DECEMBER 2016 – Palosanto, makers of Elastix, the popular PBX distribution, and 3CX, leading software PBX developers, today announced that the telephony engine in Elastix 5 will be powered by 3CX. Elastix has over 100,000 installations worldwide and tens of thousands of monthly downloads.
Edgar Landivar, CEO of Palosanto said:
“We were considering a telephony engine switch for some time now. The 3CX PBX is easy to use, open standards and feature rich. With the recent advent of its Linux version, as well as the free PBX edition, it is the perfect choice to power Elastix. The 3CX WebRTC Video conferencing engine is particularly impressive. I believe Elastix users are best served by this decision.”
Nick Galea, CEO of 3CX said:
“We are honored that 3CX will power Elastix 5. Elastix is an established PBX with a massive following – and being chosen to power the next version of Elastix is great recognition of the quality of our PBX and the hard work delivered by our development team.”
Elastix 5, which has just been launched in beta, includes the following improvements for elastix users:
- Available free as a Linux ISO
- Based on the latest version of Debian (Jessie)
- Includes 3CX Free PBX edition
- Free DNS hosting and SSL certs
- Integrated WebRTC video conferencing – free and clientless
- Auto configures popular IP Phones – for local or remote use
- Auto provisions most popular SIP trunks on the market
- Supports VoIP Gateways from Patton, Beronet & Welltech
- Android and iOS native softphones included
- Built in Unified Communications – Voice / Fax 2 email, Chat, Presence
- Clients for Mac and Windows
- Easy to Install, Manage and Upgrade
- Built in failover, backup & restore
- Securely configured out of the box with built-in SIP hacking defense mechanisms.
Backed by 3CX South America
3CX South America will assume the commercial operations surrounding Elastix including support, sales & distribution of Elastix 5. Support packages & Trainings for older Elastix versions will continue to be serviced by Megatelcon / Palosanto. Elastix resellers can sign up as 3CX resellers to enjoy free training, NFR licenses and support here.
About 3CX (www.3cx.com)
3CX is a 100% channel company and is the developer of a software-based and open standards IP PBX which innovates communications and replaces proprietary PBXs. 3CX cuts telco costs and boosts company productivity and mobility.
With integrated WebRTC web conferencing, softphones for Mac and Windows and smartphone clients for Android, iOS and Windows phones, 3CX offers companies a complete Unified Communications package out of the box.
50,000 customers worldwide use 3CX including Boeing, McDonalds, Hugo Boss, Ramada Plaza Antwerp, Harley Davidson, Wilson Sporting Goods and Pepsi. Maintaining its global presence, 3CX has offices in the U.S., U.K., Germany, Hong Kong, South Africa, Russia and Australia. Visit 3CX on Facebook, Twitter and on Google+.
PaloSanto Solutions is a leader in open source innovation and new technology in Latin America. Our experience in the development and implementation of open source technologies makes us the preferred technology provider to more than 1000 companies. Our team of accomplished professionals with the highest certifications in the industry is always ready to serve your company in the best way possible.