• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Forward to external mobile number WITH rebound in hunt group

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_T_B

Customer
Reaction score
Hi guys,

We've been trying to get something up and running within 3CX without any luck.

Basically this is the result we'd like to become:

* Caller calls the DID
* The call should be transferred to the first technician's mobile phone number. However, we don't want the caller to be transferred to his mobile phone's voice mail in any case (even when it's powered off and the voicemail answers immediately)
* On no reply after 15 seconds, the second technician's mobile phone number should be called.
* At last, the third one's mobile phone number should be called (and if possible, just start with the first one again if still nobody answered the call)

We know about the Rebound feature, however you can't use this one for an "external caller" in the queue.
That's why we tried to do this:
* Set up a queue which will ring the first extension
* That first extension has an "exception" forwarding rule forwarding all calls from any caller ID to his mobile phone number with the rebound feature
* That first extension also has a forwarding rule on "no answer after 15 seconds" to call the second technician's extension with a similar setup

Problem now is:
* I have the impression that a queue/ring group ignores any forwarding rules
* So we tried to immediately let the call arrive in extension 101 (without any queue or ring group), then indeed the exception forwarding rule is fired and his mobile phone rings, he does get the rebound question, but when he decides to NOT accept the call, the no-reply rule is no longer fired (I suppose because 3CX sees the transferral towards the mobile phone number as a "successful" answer)

We're out of options now - does anybody have any idea?

(The only solution I still see is to work with the VAD, but from there you can't create any new calls, just transfer too, so that leaves me with the same problems if I'm not mistaking since VAD only supports a 'blind' transfer, leaving us with configuring all the forward rules on the 3CX extensions again)

Thanks in advance!

B_T_B said:
Problem now is:
* I have the impression that a queue/ring group ignores any forwarding rules
* So we tried to immediately let the call arrive in extension 101 (without any queue or ring group), then indeed the exception forwarding rule is fired and his mobile phone rings, he does get the rebound question, but when he decides to NOT accept the call, the no-reply rule is no longer fired (I suppose because 3CX sees the transferral towards the mobile phone number as a "successful" answer)

You are correct, on the first point. Forwarding rules will be ignored unless a call is direct to an extension. Not sure why the rebound is not working. Could it be the type of trunks you are using. If VoIP, then answer supervision should be "seen" when the call is actually answered. If you use PSTN trunking, then (in most cases) it happens just after all digits have been dialled on the PSTN line. This could affect timing of the message announcing the call.

Hi there

Thanks for your quick reply.

It concerns VoIP. What we got to now as I mentioned hereabove, is that the first technician is called and is asked the rebound question - so that's working for sure.

Now the moment that technician does not confirm the call (e.g. he just left his phone ringing, the rebound question was asked to his voicemail, his voicemail of course didn't press a button so nobody confirmed the call), the call goes to the 3CX extension's voicemail instead of following the "forwarding rule on no answer / on busy". So the call does get back to our call flow in 3CX, but ignores any other rules and just goes straight to voicemail.

Got an idea how to fix that? :)

I needed the exact same flow that you mentioned for my external agents for an after-hours support line. Unfortunately the rebound function in 3CX does not work for queue calls. I had to purchase another service that did proper call routing to mobile phones using a similar "rebound" feature so that unanswered calls would not get hung up in their personal mobile voicemail.

It would be great to see rebounding for queue calls in 3CX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norb.p
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.