• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented Distinctive Ringing by Group or Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

telis

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Add the ability for calls to different groups or queues to have different ring tones.

This can be achieved by selecting the ring type in the group or queue settings and then putting the sting in the alert-info header in the SIP invite. It is supported on most handsets (SNOM, yealink, Hanvil, Htek) and the provisioning templates could be modified to make it work seamlessly.

SNOM - http://wiki.snom.com/Category:HowTo:Ringtone:Alert_Info

Yealink - http://www.yealink.com/Upload/document/HowtoUseDistinctiveRingtoneonYealinkPhones/HowtoUseDistinctiveRingtoneonYealinkSIPT2XPPhonesRev_610-20501446272.pdf

Fanvil - http://www.fanvil.com/images/user/2014050806.pdf (page 13)

Htek - http://www.hanlongtek.com/uploadfile/swfupload/file/Release%20Notes.pdf (page 9)

Upvote 133
Please please please add this function. Seems a basic requirement for any organisation having more than one operation on the same premises. Even useful for a single organisation having one operation but different departments. Yes it currently shows on the phone display but a lot of people are not at their desks when the phone rings and being able to change the ringtone depending on the que or group would greatly assist.

Please 3cx please add this functionality.

Reactions: telis
This is still so important to us and other users. As Urs Hiltebrand (@accesstech) has written this could be done with no changes to the UI, or as @3cxnoob has written it could be an additional field as implemented by at least one of your competitors.

Please please please please please implement this :)

Thats one thing i really miss from our old PBX (and even the one before that ^^)
It should also make it easy to distinguish between group calls and calls for that specific extension (e.g. if another agent is forwarding a call to another extension)

Hi,

Has this feature been added yet?

Nearly every phone system install I've done requests this feature.

I'm not using V15 yet, so i cannot tell... but i guess no :-/

Oh come on 3CX!!!

I know everyone always says this but honestly this feature should be fairly easy to implement. Please, please, please give us alert-info/Distinctive ringing by Group and Queue!!!

Definitely need this feature.

I totally agree - this is something that 3CX MUST add ASAP - a number of competitors support this now.

I wonder if 3CX would except a paid development request for this; i.e. if we all banded together and contributed we could get some money and pay them to add the feature?

Interesting suggestion. But to be honest: I think this is no feature, that is something "special" to a PBX.
Rather it is something really basic, so its simply missing (for no good reason i can think of).

But if the devs would give us the choice "hey, we do this if you give us 10 bucks", i would propably do it.
This would of course lower their reputation with me by quiete a lot (reputation is already low due to the lack of the function in the first place)

Since I live in hope I thought this just might make it into 15.5, but sadly no :(

Yes please!!!

Great idea!

Well I just watched the very impressive 3XC v15.5 live Q and A and definitely heard Nick Borg mentioning "alert-info" at 49:38.

Can we get some more up votes for this feature please!

I don't know why this basic functionality is still not implemented.
Also in 15.5 is is still not present ;-(
Is is very easy to make and people already ask for it a very long time.

I was very excited to read this sentence in the updated 3CX15 SP1 documentation

Note that this ringtone will not be used if the call comes from a queue to the device. In this case the “alert info” ringer will be used which can not be set via provisioning options.

from - https://www.3cx.com/docs/ip-phone-configuration/

I thought great this means they are sending the queue name in the alert-info at last! Alas it wasn't to be, I had misunderstood, only the word "queue" is sent as before :(

We still need the queue name as string in altert info. This is an accessiblity requirement for blind and low Vision persons over here. As you already send "queue" as a constant, the implementation should not be to difficult, I still hope.
Thanks for implementing it soon.

Need this feature.!

Hi,
yes i Agree, this is an important thing.
It should be also available for DDI(DID) as well.

Bye
Timm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.