• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented Call By Name

voip20

Customer
Reaction score
Want the Feature of Directory Search ( Call By Name ) to be both First Name and Last Name

Reactions: cakahl
Upvote 8
Better than 50% of our clients prefer "first-name" for call by name because they feel that their clients always know their first names but rarely know their last names. So, frustratingly, for those clients, we record a call by first name message - and then of course re-record it whenever personnel changes occur.

End the silliness, add the option to use either last name or first name for the lookup.

Reactions: cakahl
First name should be an option. Most external callers don't know the last name of the person they're trying to reach.

I don't see this missing at all.
In my 3CX Client i can just type in a last name or a first name and it will show me the results.
This also works the same way if i go to "contacts"

Hey Lev,

We're talking about the directory listing that callers hear. Unfortunately it only lists by last name. A lot of our clients are small companies where people only know each other's first name. They complain about this a lot and wonder why we can't change something so simple...

Reactions: accentlogic
3CX please do this!! I get this request on nearly every install and its getting really annoying!!! I know you state that the last name is UNIQUE, which I get but no one cares about UNIQUENESS! They just want to be able to get to the person they want to talk to.

The other problem with last name - so many ways to spell a name.
My last name is REILLY.
or is it RILEY or RYLEY or REELEE or REYLEIGH?

Well... that a last name is unique... is simply NOT TRUE. There are a lot of last names, that are pretty common, in germany at least.
But anyway, the search should always work for First Name, Last Name and Company Name

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.