• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SPA3102 'Nearly there'

Status
Not open for further replies.

deekay

Customer
Reaction score
Running 3CX 15.5.8801.3

I''ve been reading up on all the posts for connecting SPA3102 to 3CX but not quite there with it if anyone can guide me

I'm wanting to achieve having the 3102 PSTN as an outgoing only PSTN line & not wanting to use the ordin\ary ext.

I'll post pdf of 3102 PSTN tab settings and 3CX SIP Trunk settings at the end

Current position - Gateway is shown green in the list in 3CX but without any register date alongside
3102 PSTN tab shows fail for registration
Kind regards

Kev

Attachments

• SPA3102-3CX Sip Trunk Settings.pdf
    10.7 KB · Views: 52
  • SPA3102-PSTN-Settings.pdf
    51.7 KB · Views: 51
See that port (5062) in the 3102 SIP port settings, you'll need to have that in the 3CX trunk settings along side the IP of the gateway, or no calls will go from 3CX to the 3102. there are a number of other changes you are going to have to make too. I'll get a list together for you.

I assume that you gave the 3102 a static IP and have the LAN cable plugged into the LAN (blue) socket. If you assign an NTP server, and the 3102 gets the time and date (you have to set the location), then you have a good idea that the LAN connection is good.

I'm assuming that the 3102 is being used on the same LAN as the 3CX server and is "factory fresh", or a factory reset was done before you started.

OK...if you don't plan on using the router "part" of the 3102 it can be disabled and the yellow Ethernet port can be used for another device on your network. Before you do that, if you haven't already, on the WAN Setup page set Enable WAN Web Server to "yes". This allows you to access the device through the blue port using the IP address assigned to the 3102. You can set the NTP server(s) in there too.

Moving on...
Under Voice/SIP RTP Parameters, change RTP packet size to 0.020
Save the settings

On the Regional TAB, at the bottom, you can set your time zone. There are also daylight rules that can be set later depending on where you are. The Caller ID Method is also set here, default is Bellcore for North America. If you aren't located in NA, you may have to re-visit these settings.
Save your changes

On the PSTN Line tab...

You don't need an Outbound Proxy, it probably won't hurt, but it can be left blank. Which means Use OB proxy in Dialog can be NO

Register expires can be left at 3600 (the default) if you wish, or shortened it to the 300 you have, 3Cx will tell the 3102 when to re-register.

I have Use Auth ID at NO, and it works just fine, Auth ID is datafilled, as you have done.

Go down to DialPlans

change dialplan 8 (3CX originally chose 8 for some reason, it really doesn't matter) to (S0<:10004>) , that is a zero after the S

Under PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup...You already have dial plan 8 selected, that refers to the entry above.

Under FXO Timer Values...If you are in North America using Bellcore CID, change PSTN Answer delay to 3 or the CID information will not be collected (between the first and second ring) before the call is passed to 3CX.

Save the settings.

If you don't plan on using the Line 1 on the 3102, you should probably disable it

Those are the basic settings. there are things that can be, and may have to be tweaked depending on your location. When testing, make use of the 3CX Activity Log to see what is happening with the calls. Incoming calls get "forwarded" to 3CX" 10004 (in your case) using dialplan 8. Outgoing calls are sent from 3CX to the IP and port of the gateway, that is why the port used (5062) must be in the 3CX trunk settings. Registration alone does not guarantee that call will reach the gateway, unlike an ATA.

If you have issues, post back and we will get it working.

See that port (5062) in the 3102 SIP port settings, you'll need to have that in the 3CX trunk settings along side the IP of the gateway, or no calls will go from 3CX to the 3102. there are a number of other changes you are going to have to make too. I'll get a list together for you.

I assume that you gave the 3102 a static IP and have the LAN cable plugged into the LAN (blue) socket. If you assign an NTP server, and the 3102 gets the time and date (you have to set the location), then you have a good idea that the LAN connection is good.

Thank you leejor - yes, the above have been done - I took them from a previous post of yours :)

If you are still having problems, post any errors that you are seeing (related to the 3102), from the 3CX Activity Log.

If you are still having problems, post any errors that you are seeing (related to the 3102), from the 3CX Activity Log.

Hi leejor, thank you so much - all working pretty well thank you. Although i'd initially done a factory reset I did another & worked through your notes. It is connected and working beautifully. I just have to work through a couple of uk specifics to make sure i've selected the correct ones but should be ok with that now.

Mention is made of looking for info in the activity log - does this mean the Event Log at the bottom of the Dashboard screen, or is there another source that is accessed differently? I only ask the question as any time while trying to sort this & making test calls I never had any entry in the Event Log.

Once again so many thanks - I can sleep soundly in the UK tonight now I'm not running through this while trying to sleep.

Kind regards

Kevin

There has traditionally been an Event Log and an Activity Log. The Activity Log, with changeable detail levels, will show you what is happening to each call.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/v15-detailed-logs.48686/

You should do a Google search for UK specific settings for the 3102. Most changes will be made under Regional/Miscellaneous

Ah, there it is - my eyes veered to EVENT Log & didn't expect Activity Log to be in view at the same time. Thank you so much. K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itguys04
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.